Sublime Forum

[BUG] Opening a sublime-project file opens multiple windows

I’m seeing unexpected behavior when I open sublime-project and sublime-workspace files directly

I usually associate sublime-project files with Sublime so I can open my project by double clicking it. This doesn’t seem to be working correctly in Sublime Text 3 Build 3047, Windows 64-bit.

When I double click a project file, I get two Sublime windows, both of which seem to contain the project. If I double click a workspace file, I get a workspace and what seems to be a clean window (no open files or folders).

Projects and workspaces both open fine if you open them from inside Sublime using Open Project or Quick Switch Projects.

I’ve verified this on two machines with clean Sublime installs.

Here are the steps to reproduce:

• Save a new project. Sublime generates sublime-project, sublime-workspace files.
  • Close project window.
  • Right-click sublime-project file, choose Open With | Sublime Text. Two Sublime windows open. Both seem to be open to the project.
  • Close both windows.
  • Right-click sublime-workspace file, choose Open With | Sublime Text. Two Sublime windows open. One seems to be open to the workspace, and one seems to be a clean window.

This behavior seems pretty weird. Or am I missing something about how the new projects and workspaces work?

0 Likes

See this answer.

http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13639&p=53202#p53202

0 Likes