Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Toolbar Please

Re: Toolbar Please

Postby murrah on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:21 pm

I have recently made the switch from Ecplise to ST3 and am absolutely loving it! Thanks, well worth the money, I reckon.

I too support the idea of an *optional* toolbar +/ API. There are times when I am using ST and a browser for development. I need the mouse for the browser and if I just want to drag and drop something in ST (ie is faster than the keyboard) it means I have to drop the mouse, use the keyboard then return to the mouse. Much easier to quickly hit the Save icon on the way past. This is a really, really picky and minor complaint so take it with the requisite grain of salt! ;-)

I implemented the suggested Default.sublime-mousemap and it workes fine as another way to keep the mouse in my hand!

Thanks for a great product.
Murray
murrah

Re: Toolbar Please

Postby goblin on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:02 pm

richl wrote:I find it really annoying to have to click "File", "save" every time I want to save my edits. I know you can do ctrl-s but I don't want to do that.
[…]
It's easier to click an icon than remember a bunch of keyboard shortcuts. Some editors change the color of the icon or gray it out to let you know if the file has been saved or not. Also helpful. I can't tell if the file has been saved or not with this editor.

I really like the automatic saving feature[1], because if I save a new file, I have to type in the name anyway. Together with the unsaved tab highlight, it serves me far better than a toolbar.

[1]
Saving when window focus is lost. In the preferences:
Code: Select all
"save_on_focus_lost": true
goblin

Previous

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests