Sublime Forum

Forgets my keyboard layout

I use a MacBook Air running Windows (Bootcamp) which means my keyboard layout (Danish) is a little different that usual. For instance, I can write @ and $ the same way one would in OSX. Which I like :smile: I’ve never experienced problems with this anywhere, but Sublime Text drops back to a standard layout after having been open for a while.

I have not been able yet to find a pattern in the behavio and the console doesn’t reveal anything. It’s very annoying since I suddenly need to change which keys I use or, as an alternative, restart the program.

Any advice?

0 Likes

Is this a problem in Windows? I think that some combination of Alt, Shift and Ctrl (Alt-Shift IIRC) changes the current keyboard layout and is enabled by default.

0 Likes

Yes, I’m running Windows and you’re right, alt+shift does change the current keyboard layout. However, even though I used the words “keyboard layout”, it’s more like the keycodes change. I usually have a dollar sign just left of the number 1, but when the problem kicks in, that button writes the ½ char instead (like on a normal Danish Windows keyboard).

0 Likes