Sublime Forum

Sublime not recognising some css3 properties

I’m new to web development and Sublime Text 2. I’m having trouble getting Sublime to ‘recognise’ CSS3 selectors such as “@font-face” or “transition”. The text just stays white when I type them in the css file. Am I missing a plugin or something? I installed a css3/htmls 5 plugin through package control but that didn’t help. I’m trying to include a custom font file for a site I’m working on. Any ideas?

0 Likes

Anyone? I can’t believe this is still a problem when CSS is being written by almost everyone.

0 Likes

I’m not a web developer so please correct me if I’m wrong. This sounds like a limitation of the tmLanguage file (which applies syntax coloring). If that’s the case, it’s something that a user can create (and ideally share). If you are already using a third party tmLanguage file, you should make sure that it is actually being used. To do this, you can add the “CSS” package to the ignored list. Alternatively, you can try using the ApplySyntax plugin. I’d be surprised if no one had created an updated CSS syntax highlighting file (since it is so popular). That being said, it’s still possible.

0 Likes