Sublime Forum

[SOLVED]Package Not Recognized

I have a very strange problem with a package I’m working on. It works great on Windows/Linux and was working on a Mac as well. But after I submitted it to Package Control I tried to pull it install it on my Mac and Package Control acted like it wasn’t there, but on Windows I was able to pull it in just fine. I thought it might be a cache issue so I set Package Control to update every time I restarted Sublime. That didn’t work, so I just manually installed the package in the “Packages” folder and Sublime still acts like it doesn’t recognize the package. No error, no attempt to load it, just nothing. The command palette doesn’t show up, the context menu doesn’t show up, the snippets don’t work. There’s nothing to go on. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone have any other ideas to try and fix this? I could really use some help on this one.

Here is the package: github.com/jtwebb/sfcommand

Thanks

0 Likes

I installed on OS X through Package Control. I get a bunch of:

ValueError: ('is_enabled must return a bool', <SymfonyCommander.SymfonyCommander.SymfonyCommanderExecuteCommand object at 0x110de1d50>) Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.py", line 445, in is_enabled_ raise ValueError("is_enabled must return a bool", self)

0 Likes

I appreciate you taking a look at that. It’s strange that you can install it and I can’t. But as for the error that you’re getting, that seems odd. I only have two is_enabled and the both return either True or False, but I’ve now forced them to return True until I get this figured out.

Could you have possible installed the wrong package? There is another package with a similar name that hasn’t bee updated to ST3 yet. The name of mine is: SfCommand, the name of the other is SymfonyCommander.

Thanks for helping me figure this out!

0 Likes

Installation from Package Control in ST3 on OS X worked fine for me (the context menu shows up, etc.). Did you check the ignored_packages setting in your user prefs?

0 Likes

I hadn’t even thought of that. It was in there twice. I removed it and updated the package control repository, or at least set ‘auto_upgrade_frequency’ to zero. I still don’t see it in package control, but I guess it could still be a cache issue. I’ll give it a little bit and see if it shows up. Thanks!

0 Likes

I’m not sure what happened exactly, but it appears there was something wrong with Package Control (maybe a conflict on my machine?). I removed Package Control and then reinstalled it. Everything seems to be alright now. It’s just odd to me that it could load other packages but not the one I created. I’m sure there was something in the settings that cause the problem, but I couldn’t figure out what it was. Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it!

0 Likes

There was (is?) an issue with the new Package Control (stackoverflow.com/questions/1817 … es-ignored).

0 Likes

That could have been my issue. I installed Package Control for ST3 when it still had to be installed via git. And I noticed that it wasn’t upgrading even though it kept saying it had. The fix for me was removing that version and re-installing it via the ST command line and all seems to be working now. Thanks!

0 Likes