Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Printing from sublime

Re: Printing from sublime

Postby schlamar on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:38 am

There are multiple plugins for this (producing IMO better output than any editor with built-in printing), most notably https://github.com/facelessuser/ExportHtml and https://github.com/n1k0/SublimeHighlight.
schlamar

Postby roncat on Sat May 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Utterly amazed I can't print. Why does the Help system tell me I can when I can't.
I want my money back.
Junk software again
Oh: and no support for fortran either. Back to BBedit which atr least works well.
roncat

Postby Stefano.Rausch on Thu May 09, 2013 6:56 am

Did you have a look at the https://github.com/fraoustin/Sublime2pdf plugin. IMHO this is the nearest you can get printing-wise. Works like a charm out of the box.
Stefano.Rausch

Postby sblue on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Almost 4 years of the same request. It's an awesome tool... and could be awesome-r.

If we're going to pay for it, then listen to what is wanted. Printing, obviously, is wanted.
sblue

Postby donnacha on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Surprising omission.

I searched Google because I thought I was just stupidly missing something obvious but, then, I found this thread.

I am currently assessing the demo of Sublime, is it missing a lot of basic features like this?

When working on big projects, I will quite often print out pages of code and assemble them on a big magnetic whiteboard, to give me a quick overview. I presumed this was a fairly common practice.
donnacha

Postby Barium on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:42 am

To be honest, I think omitting this feature is silly. It is a feature that should be implementable in relatively few steps, and little effort. And one that is often expected of a text editor, and requested frequently of Sublime Text.
Barium

Postby JLX.Jon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:51 pm

Just bought Sublime Text 3 about an hour ago. Spent my time testing RegEx implementation, customization options, auto-completion abilities, etc. before purchase. Never even occurred to me I'd need to check for printing!

While I acknowledge printing isn't a highly used feature it's omission, for the few times you do need it, is frustrating. For a full featured editor at this price point, printing should be included - period.
JLX.Jon

Postby kenorb on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:12 am

kenorb

Postby Kudzu_Kid on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:46 pm

I am a new user to ST. I was stunned when I tried to print and couldn't easily do so. Why WOULDN'T such a fundamental function be included? I've read some of the comments saying "I've been a {DBA/ web developer / whatever} for X years / decades / millennia... and I never need to print... or hardly ever... and then the comments saying how desperately print capability is needed. Where is the logic being applied here? If you're a ST user that never prints, mazel tov! But if you need to print, you should be able to. Printing is NOT an "after thought" or "not a high priority". What's the harm in it being there if you don't want to use it?

I think ST may be missing a fair share of market if they think the product is only used by coders / scripters. Those syntax / context sensitive aware capabilities are great. But there are folks that need just a raw text editor that can do global text editing across files or projects.

The value is there (increasing the perceived "bang for the buck" of a $70 editor. I WILL buy it if it could ever print. But consider... there are very capable & stable editors out there already - be it UltraEdit or EditPad Pro that DO print - right now, "as is" that don't cost what ST does. Last time I checked, for instance, EditPad Pro was like $40 or so. Don't get me wrong... I LIKE Sublime Text... Ok, I really like it, and had thought I would embrace it as my new default text editor. That's not to be if it can't print. I just won't love it until it can print like essentially every other app I use can. I shouldn't have to use Sublime Text to edit and then (but CAN if I NEED to) DreamWeaver, Word or Notepad to print. I'll start with the app that can "do it all" - even if only moderately well instead of an awesome but limited text editor.

Just my 2¢... YAMMV! I hope Sublime Text can print soon. I look forward to becoming a registered user at that time.

--P
Kudzu_Kid

Postby monobotsoft on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:00 am

Well its not that i really want ST to print ... i dont really care.

I think tho, that its a feature that IS EXPECTED in a text editor, what is NOT expected in a text editor is that it is capable of showing images, and from a couple of months not ST does that, to be honest that doesnt make any sense for me.
Code dreamer
monobotsoft

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support