Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Color Tools: color picker, simple image editor for Windows

Color Tools: color picker, simple image editor for Windows

Postby plashenkov on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 pm

At first, thank you for simply the best text editor! This is really an ideal code and text editor.

I use Sublime Text for web development very intensively, and the only thing that I missed there is the color editing functionality.
Now I would like to present a color editor application which can be helpful for Sublime Text users: http://www.color-tools.com/

How does it work?
Just select a color in Sublime Text and press Ctrl+C+C to edit it.
The color can be in any HTML valid format: #ff0000, rgba(255, 0, 0, 1), red, etc.

The app has also built-in image editor and converter, and a screen capture utility which can capture alpha channel (Aero, shadows, etc.).
For the present, the app is Windows only.
Licensing policy is similar to Sublime Text licensing policy: the trial version is fully-functional with no enforced time limit.

Due to this is an app which only acts as a plugin, it can work not only with Sublime Text, but everywhere. Use Ctrl+C+C as a universal shortcut to open the app.
Hope you will find it useful. The feedback is welcome.
plashenkov

Re: Color Tools: color picker, simple image editor for Windows

Postby tobi73de on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:31 pm

it works nice, it's worth to try it out a while

mfg Tobias
tobi73de

Postby plashenkov on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Dear friends,

I would like to make Color Tools available for many people from different countries.
Please help to translate Color Tools to your language, and I will be happy to send a license to you.
Please contact me here or via the website: http://www.color-tools.com/support/

Sincerely,
Yury Plashenkov
plashenkov

Postby robertcollier4 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:34 am

In .sublime-theme files, the format is as following and is not picked up by Color Tools. Would be nice if could pick this up as well.
Code: Select all
"layer0.tint": [192, 32, 32],

Also, if I use {Ctrl+C}{Ctrl+C} over a format such as "rgba(255, 0, 0, 1)" then it will still default to format "#FF0000" in Color Tools and I have to manually tell Color Tools to use the rgba format when I Copy To Clipboard. Would be nice if it would auto-select the format that was used to invoke the program.
robertcollier4

Postby plashenkov on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:55 am

Also, if I use {Ctrl+C}{Ctrl+C} over a format such as "rgba(255, 0, 0, 1)" then it will still default to format "#FF0000" in Color Tools and I have to manually tell Color Tools to use the rgba format when I Copy To Clipboard. Would be nice if it would auto-select the format that was used to invoke the program.

That's strange because it must auto-select.
For example, now color picker in #ff0000 mode. Then I select rgba(255, 0, 0, 1) in Sublime Text (or anywhere) and press Ctrl+C+C. And color picker switches to rgba(255, 0, 0, 1) for me. Then, when I change the color, color picker remains in the rgba() mode. If you have another behavior on your PC, can you explain more detailed how to reproduce?

Regarding [192, 32, 32] format---OK, I will try to add it also.
plashenkov

Postby robertcollier4 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:20 am

plashenkov wrote:

That's strange because it must auto-select.
For example, now color picker in #ff0000 mode. Then I select rgba(255, 0, 0, 1) in Sublime Text (or anywhere) and press Ctrl+C+C. And color picker switches to rgba(255, 0, 0, 1) for me. Then, when I change the color, color picker remains in the rgba() mode. If you have another behavior on your PC, can you explain more detailed how to reproduce?

You are right, it is auto-selecting. Before I had copied the example "#ff0000, rgba(255, 0, 0, 1)," and then tried it out. What was happening was that I was pushing {Ctrl+C} over the rgba in Sublime - I guess Sublime was then copying the entire line since there was no selection and then passing the entire line to Color Tools - and it was parsing the first entry which was in # format.

If I have only rgba(255, 0, 0, 1) on the line - then yes it is auto selecting the passed in format. Thanks.
robertcollier4

Postby plashenkov on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:50 am

I've almost finished the version 1.1 of Color Tools. But I'm not sure of some English messages, that they are really clean.
Could you help by pointing out the possible mistakes (probably a/the articles)?

Code: Select all
The image has unsaved changes. Are you sure you want to paste image from the clipboard?
The image has unsaved changes. Replace it with a screenshot?

Sincerely,
Yury Plashenkov
plashenkov

Postby Daedal on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi Yury,

This is a really great and useful addition to ST for quick image edit and color manipulation.

I found one small bug or oversight on Win 8 64b. If you select in settings "Stay on top of other windows"
then any function with additional settings like resize will block you since that window is behind the main one.

Cheers!
Daedal

Postby plashenkov on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi Daedal!

Wow, that's really so, thank you! I will fix that in 1.1.
plashenkov

Postby plashenkov on Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Fixed in version 1.1. Will be available soon.
plashenkov

Next

Return to Plugin Announcements