Sublime Forum

[BUG] Refresh failure on remote file systems

Description - When working with a remote file system (through gvfs & mac mounted drives), sublime text 2 fails to refresh after a change to the directory has been made. It would seem that it simply is not refreshing the directory after one of these operations. Project -> Refresh Folders does not do anything.

Applies to:

• Renaming Files

• Removing Files

• Creating Files

• Renaming Folders

• Creating Folders

• Removing Folders

The folder does eventually update on its own, some 5 minutes later.

0 Likes

Up…
This post is quite old but I am experiencing the same issue.
Have you found any way to solve this?
Or is there any way to change the “auto-refresh” delay?

Thank you in advance :wink:

0 Likes

Bump.

I can confirm this bug is still present on Sublime Text 3 + Ubuntu + sftp (via gvfs).

Directory refreshes and listings are horribly slow and intermittent. This renders browsing remote file system and using the GoTo Anything useless.

Any known workarounds?

0 Likes

work on remote file systems are slow and not friendly for developer. i advise you to sync with remote file systems, through ssh + rsync (better) or simple rsync. you can use lsyncd or my plugin LiveRsync for sublime to live sync with remote server. if ftp is needed, may be i can add ftp sync option, not rsync + ssh

0 Likes

I took a quick look at some of the settings in that plugin. They do set change it (take a look at Markdown.sublime-settings). Anyways, setting in your user settings should override what they have. I’m not sure why they decided to roll their own coloring file, but that’s besides the point. Anyways, glad things got fixed for you. :laughing:

0 Likes

I believe Sublime Text is using inotify for watching files and folders on Linux, with equivalents on other platforms. I’m pretty sure inotify won’t work with a remote system like FTP. With FTP/SFTP you have to actually list the contents of each folder and look at file timestamps to see if they have changed.

0 Likes

I don’t know if it’s the very same problem but my problem is that when i modify a file (on my NAS) it changes the file in Sublime Text but if i delete all in the file and save it, the future modifications of the file are not shown anymore.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

7 years later I know, but the problem is still there: refresh of remote folders in sublime 3 are way too slow (minutes rather than seconds). Please consider to revisit this, Atom works well in this setup (linux, remote folder mounted with sshfs).

0 Likes