Sublime Forum

Sublime Text window broken after crash

Hello,

After Sublime Text 2 crashed its windows remain unusable and look like this:
evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/34 ā€¦ 718babfbd1

PS. Iā€™m quite disappointed to see there is no direct support for paid versions, just forum.

0 Likes

Iā€™ve tracked the issue down to some updates. I managed to restore ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/ from backup and it works fine, but something (plugin?) gets updated (unless I block network connection) and then the editor is broken after restart.
How can I pinpoint the issue?

Iā€™ve also noticed a >300MB pile of backup data in the Backup folderā€¦

0 Likes

Iā€™m having the exact same problem. Although this didnā€™t happen after a crash, it happened after some automatic update of a plugin I think. Have no idea which one, but, now Sublime Text is all messed up and I have no idea how to fix it. I tried re-installing, but, the problem is still there.

HELP!!!

0 Likes

Thatā€™s for sure happens after plugin update! It still happens today. The only remedy so far is to block ST2 from connecting to the Internet so the plugins doesnā€™t get updated! Anyone? Iā€™m starting to regret Iā€™ve paid for this software.

0 Likes

This is happening for me too, Iā€™m on Win 64. I did notice what appeared to be a Package Control update but that doesnā€™t sense since isnā€™t Package Control the one liner you just paste into Py console? When it first crashed it gave me some issue about ā€œignored package ignoring itself, please removeā€¦ā€. I wasnā€™t clear what it was so I tried restarting and now its not working at all. The window fails to load and I have to kill the process.

0 Likes

Somehow ST had corrupted the file system under AppData for me. It happened at my work computer, but not at my home (which has the identical set of plugins). For now this means I have to uninstall ST at work. Not cool :frowning:. Wish I knew what happened, but I donā€™t have time to track it down. I recovered the directory but Iā€™d rather not deal with this kind of stuff.

0 Likes

Perhaps this problem is a side-effect of a package control bug which disabled installed packages, including any custom theme you might have installed. I saw something similar a few weeks back and use the Soda theme.

Check the following:

1. ā€œignored_packagesā€ in your user settings file. In the settings same file, ā€œthemeā€ refers to the theme you have installed.
  2. If the ā€œthemeā€ youā€™re using was installed through package control, and is now in the ā€œignored_packagesā€ list, youā€™ll see sublime mess up just like in the OPā€™s bitmap

If the above is the case, just remove the theme package from ā€œignored_packagesā€, save and restart sublime.

If this doesnā€™t work, go back to the default Sublime theme simply by deleting the ā€œthemeā€ key.

0 Likes

I had the same problem. The suggestion above worked for me. In ā€œSettings - Userā€, mysteriously a bunch of packages I regularly use, including the theme, were added. I set ā€œignored_packagesā€ back to the default (i.e. Vintage only), and the display corruption was fixed.

0 Likes