Sublime Forum

ST3: plugin_host crashing : ReadDirectoryChangesW fails

Hi,

I’m encountering this problem, mainly when I come out of hibernation on Windows 7 :

ReadDirectoryChangesW fails error code 64 ReadDirectoryChangesW fails error code 64 ReadDirectoryChangesW fails error code 64 ReadDirectoryChangesW fails error code 64 error: plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until Sublime Text has been restarted

Known issue ? Could this be caused by a plugin? (If it did, it would still be a bug in the ST3 core right ? )

0 Likes

Just got it again without even using hibernation:

Unable to auto detect encoding, using fallback encoding Western (ISO 8859-15) Unable to auto detect encoding, using fallback encoding Western (ISO 8859-15) error: plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until Sublime Text has been restarted

0 Likes

Still hapenning at hibernation wakeup with ST3 3052

ReadDirectoryChangesW fails error code 64 ReadDirectoryChangesW fails error code 64 Package Control: Error downloading channel. (errno 12152) during HTTP write phase of downloading https://sublime.wbond.net/repositories.json. error: plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until Sublime Text has been restarted

0 Likes

Not sure if it’s with “ReadDirectoryChangesW fails”, but this happens to me pretty often, almost always when I’m using the build command to execute something, or sometimes when I’ve just had ST3 open for a long time. This is on Windows 7 with 64-bit build 3047. I’m not sure if there are logs somewhere but if so I’ll be happy to post the relevant info.

I’m not using any plugins.

0 Likes

I’ve been seeing this very frequently on build 3053. I’m running 64bit Ubuntu 12.04, installed via .deb. Not seeing any other error, besides a popup which tells me “plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won’t be available until Sublime Text has been restarted” and this is repeated in the console. This actually happens most frequently WHEN I open the console, btw.Or swap between the active buffer and the console input bar. I really wish this gave some backtrace information or something, because I’ve installed some new plugins recently as well as installed the current build and would like to know if the behavior can be traced to one of them in my case, so I could disable it until the problem is solved, or if its in core, since the behavior began recently for me.

0 Likes

For it often happens while I’m opening another file in my project.
Do you have another error printed before this plugin_host message ?

Also I forgot to mention that I mainly work thourgh samba shares. For those who get the same kind of crash, do you work on remote filesystems too ?
This is **VERY **annoying, especially when I have several open windows since closing/reopening ST3 won’t restore the other ones automatically, only the last closed one.

0 Likes

As far as working on remote filesystem, no I never do that. it’s always local files.

As for closing/reopening, I dunno what your particular settings are, but with my settings the way they are, if I press ctrl + q to quit all windows at once, when I restart sublime all my windows open back up. The most annoying part for me is that I usually use several different desktops, with one or two subl windows in each, and when I restart, they all open up in one, all stacked up and I have to sort them back out. But that sounds much less annoying than having to go in and reopen a bunch of different folders in seperate windows each time.

0 Likes

plugin_host crashes for me almost every time I resume from hibernation on Windows 7 64-bit.

0 Likes

This happens to me as well.

0 Likes

This error occurs for me any time I leave the program open for a long period of time, or when I put the computer to sleep and wake it back up. I’m on a 64-bit Windows 7 computer.

0 Likes

Same here, when i execute a script that takes a bit longer (i redirect the output to ST3), the pluginhost crashes

0 Likes

Same here… Windows 7 x64. Happens every morning when I wake my computer up, and sometimes during the day. I just quit and restart ST3 and it everything runs normally. Sometimes when I quit and restart, ST3 crashes immediately with no error message. Then I launch ST3 again and everything is fine.

0 Likes

I just saw this on the console some time after coming up from hibernation:

indexing [job 575]: no files were indexed out of the 1 queued, abandoning crawl
indexing [job 577]: no files were indexed out of the 1 queued, abandoning crawl
ReadDirectoryChangesW failed with ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED

The messages indexing[...] come today, the ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED come some time later, after opening and closing a project. But no crashes so far. I use Windows 10 build 15063 and Sublime Text build 3154.

0 Likes