Sublime Forum

Command to transfer files to network resource

I work in-house at a corporation and do not use ftp but rather transfer files to a network resource. I have been a Dreamweaver user for years and have become very unhappy with it and Adobe for that matter.

Does anyone know if there are functions in Sublime Text or a plugin that will allow me to connect directly to the network resource and transfer files with a single command, without using an external/additional file transfer program? I am looking for the equivalent to Dreamweaver’s “Get” and “Put” commands.

0 Likes

On Linux and Windows, you can save directly to a network resource using Save As. I presume you could do something similar on OSx with native OS supported direct connection to network locations via Save/Open dialogs.

I know this isn’t exactly what you’re asking for, since by doing so Sublime loses it’s connection to the original (local) file, but that’s fairly trivial to work around (select all - copy - new file - paste - save as). I’d vote for a Save Copy command being added, though that could probably be done via a simple plugin.

0 Likes

qgates, thanks for taking the time to respond. I guess it’s better than nothing but I was hoping for something a little better, more automated.

0 Likes