Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3053

I had to restart for the sidebar to fix itself. Everything else was working fine. Ah well, it’s working.

0 Likes

The sidebar issue has also been present in previous builds.

For me, it occurs after switching to a different project (using quick switch project) and then going back
to the original one (also using quick switch). Sometimes it also occurs after just one project switch.

0 Likes

What I got fromt he sidebar is that after a quick switch it takes a while to reload all files… specially if the project has several folder levels and files…

3053 is working fine here… no issues with any plugins so far, and is running smoothly as aways :wink: thanks

PS: I specially liked the close-last-tab-don’t-close-the-window feature :smiley: this really made my day!

0 Likes

@Verhaeg

My sidebar just becomes empty (except for the top-level folder and “FOLDERS” header)
after a project switch. The problem doesn’t go away after some time.

0 Likes

There are some issues with Hide Menu option on linux. First there is no setting for menu visibility persistence and second that options works very weird. When hiding menu on normal mode and going to zen mode menu is shown and this setting is also ignored on program start.

0 Likes

Huge huge thanks… That menubar business has been irking me for ages under Linux.

Yes, there are a few issues…

1. Show menu state is preserved properly between sublime restarts when menu is hidden in distraction free (Shift+F11) mode :smile: But not when menu is hidden in windowed or full-screen (F11) mode.

2. Menu reappears when using Ctrl+Mousewheel to change font size. I’m almost reluctant to mention this, since it’s quite handy; it gets me somewhere near Alt-to-bring-up-hidden-menu in windows. However the menu appears incorrectly, overlaying the top x pixels of the editor view. This occludes the tab-bar in normal mode and the top line of text in distraction free mode. Plus sublime’s “show menu” state is wrong, it still thinks the menu is hidden.

Hopefully the Alt behaviour is coming in Linux :smile:

1. When menu is hidden, certain actions cause graphical glitches in normal and full-screen (F11) mode. For example hitting Ctrl+O to open a file.

Again, thanks for hearing our pleas - loving being distraction free on Linux laptops at last!

0 Likes

I’m not seeing either the menu option or the palette command to toggle the menu.

I’m on Ubuntu but I’m using plain Openbox as my environment. How does Sublime know if I’m using Ubuntu’s global menu? Is it something it checks for at runtime or does it check for a package I should remove?

Any other ideas?

Alex

0 Likes

The files that are single-clicked (just to preview) in the folders view, in the side panel, are included in the ctrl+tab switching list. This was going for quite a while and I’m not sure if that’s on purpose or not but it bothers me quite a bit.

0 Likes

[quote=“qgates”]Huge huge thanks… That menubar business has been irking me for ages under Linux.

Yes, there are a few issues…

1. Show menu state is preserved properly between sublime restarts when menu is hidden in distraction free (Shift+F11) mode :smile: But not when menu is hidden in windowed or full-screen (F11) mode. …] However the menu appears incorrectly, overlaying the top x pixels of the editor view. This occludes the tab-bar in normal mode and the top line of text in distraction free mode.
    [/quote]

I cropped your point 1 and 2 together for my report.

This actually happens when toggling the menu on, but it’s fixed on next redraw. When starting sublime it doesn’t fix on redraw.

0 Likes

We use the technique indicated at askubuntu.com/questions/261977/d … lobal-menu, with an additional check for the UBUNTU_MENUPROXY env var: if it’s blank, then we assume there’s no global menu bar.

0 Likes

Thanks @jps!

UBUNTU_MENUPROXY was set to libappmenu.so and so Sublime was under the impression I was using the global menu. I found some instructions here on how to deal with this, in general, here: webupd8.org/2011/03/disable- … buntu.html

0 Likes

Auto-Updater on Windows has some issues.

First, it requires UAC privileges though it is a portable installation. This was not the case before. The reason could be the filename of the updater because every 32 bit application with “install” in its filename starts the UAC dialog if it does not set the requestedExecutionLevel (see bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/ … -cant-read.

A more severe issue is that it fails with “Unable to rename Path\to\Sublime Text 3”, no matter if I start it with admin rights or my normal user account.

0 Likes

I’m a visual person…

1. Open Sublime Text 3053 with Menus set to Show
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28415446/normal.png

2. Leaving Sublime Text 3053 open, hide the menus
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28415446/normal-hide-menu.png

3. Exit out of Sublime Text 3053

4. Launch Sublime Text 3053 (previously exited with menus hidden)

5. Undocumented feature: Notice that the menus are showing, but they are overlaying the tab bar and sidebar
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28415446/reopen-hide-menu.png

6. Go to View -> Show Menu and everything is back to normal
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28415446/reopen-show-menu.png

0 Likes

[quote=“schlamar”]
A more severe issue is that it fails with “Unable to rename Path\to\Sublime Text 3”, no matter if I start it with admin rights or my normal user account.[/quote]

I’m experiencing this as well. I could track it down to my file manager (total commander) having the application folder opened when updating because I usually launch my portable ST3 manually. I have to go back one level to make updating work.

0 Likes

I’m not being notified via the editor for the update. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the proxy at my work. Will the “Check for Updates…” menu item function through a proxy requiring authentication?

Windows 7 x64

0 Likes

@mathenk2. Presumably you’re seeing this on osx or linux. I see the same behaviour on linux but not on windows.

@dragonchaos. If you have the public beta (3047) installed you won’t get notified until a newer version appears on the stable channel. 3053 is on the dev channel. Also if you install a version of sublime from the dev channel, you won’t get notified about newer updates on the stable channel. Personally I think it would be nicer to just configure within sublime which channels to check for updates and offer updates to the latest version from either or both.

0 Likes

I’m actually having a memory/process hog with this new version if I have sublime text open when building my code.

Using ARM to build and I see that my # of processes “sublime_text.exe” spike up to hundreds or even thousands (yes, my source code is rather large) and slows my computer down to a crawl.

I’ve reverted back to 3052 which doesn’t have an issue for me.

0 Likes

Thanks for the hide menu feature on linux!

0 Likes

This bug was introduced recently:
window.set_layout changes active group
Any chance we can get a fix?

0 Likes

hello,the issue how to solve?

0 Likes