Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

[SOLVED] Removing/Deactivating a Licence?

[SOLVED] Removing/Deactivating a Licence?

Postby Mifuyne on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:22 am

I apologize beforehand if this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble finding an answer.

I haven't purchased a licence yet, but I would like to soon. I read in the FAQ that I would be allowed to use my personal licence with whatever company I'm working for as long it's me that's using it. However, what if I'm leaving the company? How would I go about removing the licence from their computer?

I plan on using a portable copy at work.
Last edited by Mifuyne on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mifuyne
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:18 am

Re: Removing/Deactivating a Licence?

Postby Saxi on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:25 am

Mifuyne wrote:I apologize beforehand if this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble finding an answer.

I haven't purchased a licence yet, but I would like to soon. I read in the FAQ that I would be allowed to use my personal licence with whatever company I'm working for as long it's me that's using it. However, what if I'm leaving the company? How would I go about removing the licence from their computer?

I plan on using a portable copy at work.


It removes really easy and can be activated again somewhere else.
You can also activate on multiple machines, I have it on two of my windows machines and my mac.
I'm sure he has some system that detects abnormal behavior but it shouldn't get in the way of you using it legitimately.
Saxi
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Re: Removing/Deactivating a Licence?

Postby Mifuyne on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:01 am

Saxi wrote:It removes really easy and can be activated again somewhere else.
You can also activate on multiple machines, I have it on two of my windows machines and my mac.
I'm sure he has some system that detects abnormal behavior but it shouldn't get in the way of you using it legitimately.


It's safe to assume that the licence is stored with the program itself rather than registered to the registry or stored elsewhere?

And thanks for the quick response :D
Mifuyne
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:18 am

Re: Removing/Deactivating a Licence?

Postby adzenith on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:21 am

The license is stored with your application data as a file.
adzenith
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Re: Removing/Deactivating a Licence?

Postby Mifuyne on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:43 am

adzenith wrote:The license is stored with your application data as a file.


Ahh, that's what I needed to know. Thanks!
Mifuyne
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:18 am


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests