Sublime Forum

Reload plugins in ST3?

This is most likely a dumb question, but here goes (apologies!) I’m currently running ST3 3053 and using it to develop my LaTeXTools plugin. I noticed that, unlike on ST2, when I edit and save a Python file in the plugin’s directory, it does not get automatically reloaded. The only way to force a reload is to quit and relaunch ST3. There are no error in the console, so that’s not the reason files are not getting reloaded. I verified this on Windows 8 and OS X (Lion and Mountain Lion).

Just thought I’d report it; not a huge deal for end users, though a bit of a pain for devs.

2 Likes

How to debug plugin_host has exited unexpectedly

This is a bug in both ST2 and ST3 that has never been fixed. This is often caused by symlinking your package folder, but also a lot of times it just happens randomly and nobody knows why. The only solution I know of is to revert your install and then just reinstall all your packages.
See e.g. Settings not reloading

0 Likes

That must be it. When I started porting LaTeXTools to ST3, I symlinked the ST2 LaTeXTools directory to a corresponding ST3 package directory, and indeed all is well under ST2. Since most of the times I’m using ST3 these days, I guess I should do the reverse (then I would have issues under ST2, I suppose). Thanks!

0 Likes