Sublime Forum

I need to press b twice to run the build system?

I’m pretty new to sublime and it looks quite promising!

As it is not cheap and i am using the current stable version 2.0.2 Build 2221 on the latest osx 10.8.5, i would expect to experience no bugs in basic usage in the first few days, but it looks to me like i’ve found one odd thing already. :unamused:

I’ve set up a simple project, created a test.sublime-build which is using make but including also a run target and now want to build and run my code. So, nearly no problem, only when i try to use the keyboard shortcut super+shift+b nothing happens. I have to press super+shift+b+b to get it running. Using the menu just runs my project, no problem at all. What is going on here? How can i “debug” that? How can i fix that?

Thanks

0 Likes

In the console, write sublime.log_commands(True).

0 Likes

This logs command: build {"variant": "Run"} after pressing “b” the second time and nothing after pressing the usual shortcut, so this unfortunately does not help me find out why it looks like it is broken. :frowning:

0 Likes

You or one of the plugins you installed is using a keybinding that ctrl+shift+b is a prefix of.
AFAICT sublime tries to match the longest key-binding and is simply waiting for more input. Once it sees subsequent ‘b’ it can be sure it’s a build system that you really tried to run and does that.

See github.com/wuub/SublimeREPL/issues/261 for description of similar problem.

Also it’s worth keeping a clean (portable) sublime text installation somewhere. You’ll notice pretty quick that most of the day-to-day problems are caused by plugins, not ST proper.

0 Likes

Ah, another key binding … as my user keymap is empty and i didn’t find any match in the default keymap, i executed the following in the terminal

find ~/Library/Application\ Support/Sublime\ Text\ 2/ -type f -exec grep -inH 'super+b\|shift+b' {} \;

and found that HexViewer has the super+shift+b as prefix. Now i only disabled it and it works as supposed. Thanks for the Hint! :smile: I love the sublime FAAAAAST workflow with sublime text! :wink:

Maybe there is a better way to show the actual keymap (including all activated plugins and user settings) in one buffer to find such interfering more easily?

0 Likes

CMD+R Not working properly

I think this does what you want: github.com/sublimator/EditPreferences

0 Likes