Sublime Forum

Can't type "^"-character

After running ST2 for a while, suddenly I’m not able to type in the ^-character. I’we tried opening the console to se if a error message is printed when I attempt to type the character, but nothing is printed. Any ideas or suggestions on how to find a solution?

P.S.: I’m using a Danish mac-keyboard; the keycombo for ^ is alt + ¨, two keys to the right of the p-key.

0 Likes

Also, I can’t type é, as in Café.

0 Likes

Enter sublime.log_commands(True) in the SublimeText console. Now you will see what Sublime tries to do when you press any key combination. You can then unbind or remap that command so that Alt+¨ will work.

You will often run into this kind of problem when using Sublime text or any keyboard-centric editor with a non-american keyboard layout. This is unfortunate, but can’t really be helped.

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply :smile:

The log doesn’t register when I press Shift+¨ ( ^ ) or Alt + ¨ ( ^ ), although other characters seems to register just fine.
Once I pressed the key combination for ^ or ~, the keystroke immedieatly after is not registered either.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes

BUMP

0 Likes

Hi,
have you tried to disabling ALL installed packages? I experienced something similar, but with “]” bracket, I wasn’t able to address that problem to any specific package, but disabling them all but the package manager fixed the problem.
So what I can suggest you is to simply go and disable all installed packages and then, if this fix your problem, re-enable them one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

Hope it helps :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply :smile:

I’ll have to get around to do that… problem sometimes appears after some time using the editor, but haven’t figured out what triggers it yet, so it’ll be a looong test phase :frowning:

However, I think you’re right about it being a package, since the problem persisten even though I recently switched to ST3.

0 Likes