Sublime Forum

To stay or to leave of this community

Are there still someone to think that userecho site is useful ?

2599 ideas and 1096 bugs …
Lot of spam.
And no activity since 2 years from Jon.

At least it’s 3695 less topics in this forum :smile:

0 Likes

So these months of silence and increased number of bugs lately has unfortunately left me with no choice but stop recommending ST to friends and co-workers :frowning:

0 Likes

Be a little more patient Arjan. Jon is preparing a new build :smile:

0 Likes

Maybe. Maybe not. The total-silence-for-months approach is idiotic.

0 Likes

He told me so :smile:

0 Likes

Haha, proof? No? Kthxbye…

0 Likes

He emailed me after I asked him if he’s okay. Why do you need proof?

0 Likes

Because I do.

0 Likes

So you want to see the email?

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]

So you want to see the email?[/quote]

So I want to see release that makes ST3 usuable on Windows 64 bit with large projects again.

0 Likes

Arjan, you shall see. I’m sure Jon wants to make sure that whatever changes — must be big ones — he’s made, they’re working properly.

0 Likes

the proof is in the pudding, since the last two releases has clearly been the worst in the ST3 lineup (at least on Win64)

0 Likes

You’re always welcome to use something else, or… downgrade?

0 Likes

No

0 Likes

So stop complaining :smile:

0 Likes

The essence of Arjan’s request certainly seems reasonable to me.

Can’t really argue with bug fixes before new features.

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]The essence of Arjan’s request certainly seems reasonable to me.

Can’t really argue with bug fixes before new features.[/quote]

In-fucking-deed

0 Likes

Maybe Jon could do something similar to what MacRabbit (developers of the Espresso app) do. They are basically a team of two people, one is the developer (which would be Jon in the case of Sublime) and another is in charge of support, answering questions in the forum or via email as well as their Twitter account. He replies to the questions of the users be them on feature requests, bugs, or just general help with using the program. This allows MacRabbit to have the developer focused on building and improving the app without neglecting user support and interaction with the community.

0 Likes

[quote=“Arjan”]

the proof is in the pudding, since the last two releases has clearly been the worst in the ST3 lineup (at least on Win64)[/quote]

Do you have any evidence for that? I’ve been using the last builds, and have not had any serious issues, unlike with some previous ST3 Beta builds.

I agree that there are many small bugs and inconveniences that should be fixed before big new features are introduced.

0 Likes

[quote=“Narretz”]

the proof is in the pudding, since the last two releases has clearly been the worst in the ST3 lineup (at least on Win64)

Do you have any evidence for that? I’ve been using the last builds, and have not had any serious issues, unlike with some previous ST3 Beta builds.

I agree that there are many small bugs and inconveniences that should be fixed before big new features are introduced.[/quote]

Yes, I have proof each time my machine grinds to a halt due to ST3 on large projects. This occurs on Win64 only.

0 Likes