Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

User interface suggestions

Re: User interface suggestions

Postby Freakmeister on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Evoken wrote:You can easily and quickly add snippets into your documents using the Command Palette (Shift+Command+P) and due to fussy searching you can find the snippet you want rather fast...

You call this fast?? With opened sidebar I can just doubleclick on snippet, I don't have to type anything. And I can also select some text, click on snippet and selected text will jump inside of snippet text on set position. This is how snippets should be - easy to use and fast to reach.
Freakmeister

Re: User interface suggestions

Postby Evoken on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Freakmeister wrote:You call this fast?? With opened sidebar I can just doubleclick on snippet, I don't have to type anything.

Absolutely. Say you named your snippet "analytics" (for the Google Analytics code), just you hit shift+command+p, type "sni ana" press enter and boom, you have your snippet with the cursor placed whenever you defined inside your snippet code. Thanks to fuzzy searching you don't need to type the whole name, usually the first three letters are enough.

With this method, I don't have to reach for the mouse, have a sidebar open taking up screen real state, look for the desired item in a list (even scrolling if necessary) and double clicking it. Using the command palette is a faster and less complex process overall.
Evoken

Previous

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests