Sublime Forum

Colemak Users

Any other colemak users here?

0 Likes

Was asking as I was wondering if anyone had created a keymap suitable for Vintage, which I’ve put off learning about due to the keymap.

It seems the inventor of the layout is now using Sublime: Update: Sublime Text is now my main editor. No further updates are planned for colemak.vim

Now just to find his email.

0 Likes

If I can speak Vintage in Dvorak, I don’t see why you you can’t in Colemak :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I switched to Colemak for about a month at the end of the summer and ended up back in QWERTY.

What’s been your experience? Is it worth another go? I’m working full time as a developer now, and can appreciate at least the ergonomic benefits.

0 Likes

The whole vim binding set evolved/optimised around qwerty though yeah? hjkl etc. You remapped those?

You remap much else?

Well, I was a hunter/pecker when I started with no touchtyping ability, so my perspective isn’t likely as valuable as a professional who successfully switched from qwerty.

My brother is a programmer and always had sore wrists which was part of the impetus to learn Colemak. I figured if I’m going to learn programming I should learn touch typing and if I’m going to learn touchtyping I may as well invest the time in an ergonomic layout.

I do find it very frustrating whenever I have to go on a qwerty computer, having to hunt and peck. Put me on a qwerty mac keyboard and measure my blood pressure! That said, when I’m on my own computer, I find typing quite comfortable and have never experienced any rsi. I don’t regret not learning qwerty instead.

I’ve heard of people being able to retain their touchtyping fluency in qwerty.

0 Likes

First post back in Colemak… I actually remember quite a bit more than I expected, but still slow…

0 Likes

Bumping this post since now I started using Colemak. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did anyone already found/created a keymap for Vintage/Vintageous?

0 Likes