Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3054

Hi,

Just upgraded to 3054, but it seems that these issues still remain (nothing changed from the previous build).

Thanks anyway though. =)

0 Likes

+1. I have highlight_line activated, but not seeing the block cursor.

0 Likes

Finally a block cursor! :smiley:

I noticed the block caret is only visible in some themes. Mind you I’m not sure what I saw was actually the block caret. It was rather both the ‘wide’ caret and some form of background highlight. Tested with both Vintage and Vintageous. Perhaps someone could post a screenshot?

Been waiting for this feature for a while, can’t wait to have it land in ST3. Thanks for the efforts!

0 Likes

Block cursor outside of vintage.

[pre=#252525] “inverse_caret_state”: true,[/pre]

It looks like it keys off the selection color.

You may need to disable line highlighting to see it if you have it enabled. I don’t know if there is a way to make them work together; haven’t really played with it much.

0 Likes

Yeah for me (with Solarized Light) it doesn’t work with highlight_line on and the simple inversion makes the text under the cursor near unreadable.

It would be awesome if it would honor the same settings as SublimeBlockCursor: github.com/netpro2k/SublimeBloc … figuration

0 Likes

0 Likes

Nice find facelessuser…

Unfortunately there are some wrinkles; it only works in insert mode, and seems to change the caret to an underline for insert and a normal, vertical caret for overtype. Whereas without this pref, the caret behaves opposite ie. vertical for insert and underline for overtype.

Also, deleting the pref doesn’t revert to old behaviour without restarting Sublime, unless it’s explicitly set “false” in which case the caret types remain swapped (underline for insert, vertical bar for overtype) until restart.

Really like this style of block cursor. What would be very nice:

• to see the block for insert or overtype carets (underline and vertical bar),
  • for the caret type to remain consistent in block mode,
  • for the colour of the block to be configurable,
  • optional XOR so that bright block cursors don’t occlude the character underneath as it flashes/pulses
0 Likes

@qgates, yeah, I was looking at it from the standpoint of someone who doesn’t use vintage mode. I poked around and found the setting. I figured I would post it for those who don’t use vintage but want a block cursor. For those the non-vintage users, I imagine it would be something that would get set once, and then you forget about it.

0 Likes

An update YAY! Most wanted features of these months(?) without updates:

• Ability to filter from search results certain folders such .git, but display these in sidebar… (I’ve a project with a .git folder with 4000 files and the real project has 300 files, everytime I search for something it says: searching in 4300 files… instead of skipping the 4000 files)
  • If a very long line is going to be shown in a search result please try to crop it.
  • When folding a piece of code, likely a large one, a click in the minimap will make the whole screen to “jump” causing confusion. Please sync the minimap after folding/unfolding something.

Everything works really great here B-)

I’ve had a problem with indexing, but it was my fault, one of the folders in the project was updated with new files constantly, and that triggered the indexing multiple times keeping the CPU usage high. Maybe adding the ability to blacklist certain folders from the index…

Ahh, I’ve a problem, a real one, the sidebar selection is problematic a non intuitive. Almost all the times when selecting multiples files, you will end with at least one selected file or folder that you don’t want in the selection… the selection of the sidebar is lost every time we focus a file, that is…!! a bug. Imagine you switch of tab and you lost your buffer selection… I feel exactly that.

• Open any file from sidebar, that file will receive a “selection”(because is highlighted) [any other selection you have had will be trashed.]
  • Now select a bunch of unrelated file with control. The first file that is opened in a tab, is still selected. I guess you may want to highlight it but not as a selection. If you don’t notice the file is selected(because of scrolling in the sidebar to some other place) you may end deleting it or moving it to an unrelated place… just that, we already discussed this in another thread. The same still apply for me, this tree has a very special behaviour that after my years using it, I still don’t like it and I think is wrong.
0 Likes

Loving the block cursor! It was really worth the wait :mrgreen:

It would be great if we could set the background colour in the theme using a different key and only use selection colour as the fallback. Btw, it doesn’t seem to work on scopes with a background colour.

0 Likes

This is not a block cursor, this is a kludge hack effect to simulate a block cursor.

Nice to see Jon adding even this though as people have been asking for a block cursor for a while. It would be nicer if we had an actual block cursor eventually :smile:

0 Likes

The hide menu function looks to be working great.

It was glitzy at first (menu overlapping the tabs, etc.), but I narrowed down the issue to a plugin (WakaTime) that must be doing something strange with the menu.

0 Likes

You can already do this via adding ,-path/to/ignore/ (ending with a ‘/’ is important) in the “where” field.

0 Likes

Can you explain this a little more? Where is „where” field? Are you suggesting having something like this (in settings file) ?

"folder_exclude_patterns": "-.git/" ]

Thanks.

0 Likes

Not responding to paying customers in reasonable time is also considered rude by some…

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]

Can you explain this a little more? Where is „where” field? Are you suggesting having something like this (in settings file) ?

"folder_exclude_patterns": "-.git/" ]

Thanks.[/quote]

No, he meant to enter this in the “find in files” dialog which has 3 fields of which the second says “where”.

Usually the thing you proposed is the better way to handle this (only “.git” in that case though), but since tito still wants his “.git” folder in the sidebar, this is the way to go.

0 Likes

Is not reasonable to ask me to write in the Find and Replace dialogue “-git, -.jquery, .d3.js, -some folder with binary content, -ahh here too” every time I use it…

0 Likes

So don’t delete the contents of the field every time you use it then, its content is persistent.

0 Likes

So instead of

• copying from somewhere “-git, -jquery” and pasting it in the “where” field,
    your solution is
  • copying from somewhere “/search in this folder” and pasting it in the “where” field, taking care of not deleting the “-git, -jquery”
    Is not the same thing, reversed? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I already know what “where” does and mean, I’m asking for a preference to control that, to the developer of the software; I’m very happy quarnster the workaround works for you, it does not work for me. It trash my precious clipboard and adds a lot of inconvenience, ok!? : )

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]your solution is

• copying from somewhere “/search in this folder” and pasting it in the “where” field, taking care of not deleting the “-git, -jquery”[/quote]

Eh, no. I don’t think I’ve ever pasted into the “where” field and don’t see myself doing it in the future either. I’ll be quiet now as I have absolutely no clue why you’d need it (which btw is not me saying that you don’t need it, just that our uses of the find in files feature appear to be different).

0 Likes