Sublime Forum

Sidebar: Save open folder status

Hi,

I recently purchased my Sublime Licence to be able to try out Version 3. Unfortunately, even in this version the status of open folders isn’t saved.
When I quit Sublime Text and reopen it again, all folders are closed. Now, especially in bigger projects which use frameworks with a lot of sub folders
this is quite annoying, because I have to reopen all the folders again and again - each time I need to restart my computer.

I would love to see the folder status to be saved! And I think a lot of others will appreciate this too.

Regards,
Alex

0 Likes

Create a Project, save the Project, open the Project.

Also, there is an option not to close stuff (see in the preferences)
“remember_open_files”: true,

0 Likes

Hi,

that doesn’t help at all.

When I close Sublime Text 3 and re-open it again all folders in the sidebar are closed.
I’d like to re-open Sublime and then see all folders which I opened in the last session to be re-opened again.

0 Likes

[quote=“davbeer”]Same problem here in V2 and V3. If i close Sublime Text with the Red Close Button (Mac), folders are gone. remember_open_files is set to true.
On Windows everything works as expected.[/quote]

On a Mac, pressing the red x closes a window but not the application. If you quit Sublime Text and then reopen it, things should work as you expect.

0 Likes

I have bookmarked this and will return soon more about it thank you.

0 Likes

i have a big project so i have same problem on both version (for windows and osx)

The thread was created on May 2013, but now it still not resolved

Even Sublime text 3 still not give any sidebar API or solutions

:frowning:

0 Likes

really looking forward to this feature

0 Likes

just now find this workaround -> github.com/sobstel/SyncedSideBar

0 Likes