Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 exits on startup after upgrading to Mavericks

Sublime Text 2 exits as soon as I click its icon in the Dock, after upgrading to OSX Mavericks. PS: subl in Terminal still opens it normally.

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue. ST2 crashes right after I try to open it on Mavericks.

Command line in terminal also crashes, and gives an error message like this:
“Unable to connect to Sublime Text 2”

I tried ST3 beta version, it works on Mavericks though.

0 Likes

Sublime Text 2 is working fine for me on Mavericks, it may be that you have a plugin causing the issue.

0 Likes

SublimeText 2 & OS X Maverick?

How to find out which plugin is causing the problem? I tried looking at the logs in Console.app but it only says “exited with code 1”.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Do you actually see ST appear? Or does it exit immediately without a UI? If subl command line works, but your launcher icon doesn’t, I’d suggest that something’s broken with that. I don’t know Macs too well, but perhaps you can remove your launcher icon and manually create a new one?

You can selectively disable plugins through package control or via the “ignored_packages” user prefs array.

0 Likes

I tried to disable the plugins in the “Packages” directory, and after the first one it seems to be working. The plugin is “2pdf”. Not sure if it’s really it causing problem, but now ST2 is working on Mavericks.

Thanks all.

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you try the inverse now? To make sure it comes from this add-on. Deactivate all your add-ons except “2pdf” and relaunch to see what happens.

0 Likes