Sublime Forum

Folder Case Sensitivity Confusion

So I’ve run into something a little interesting where the project view fails to display the contents of a folder.

Evnironment:

Sublime Text 2 build 2217
Mac OS X 10.7.4
/ - Filesystem MacOS Journaled Case-IN-senative
/Volumes/Data - Filesystem MacOS Journaled CaseSenative

Then my setup: cd /Volumes/Data mkdir test cd test mkdir Caps mkdir caps echo Hello >> Caps/a.txt echo Hello >> caps/b.txt

Then if you setup a project file like this:

[code]{
“folders”:

{
		"path": "/Volumes/Data/test"
	}
]

}[/code]

Then the side bar will show both “Caps” and “caps” but only one of “a.txt” or “b.txt” will show. The other will show as empty. After digging around I looked at the console log:

scan: /Volumes/Data/test/Caps has been seen before, skipping (using inode) previous path: /Volumes/Data/test/Caps inode: 94
You can kinda get things to work… Sometimes I can kinda heavyhandedly work around this. I can add both capitalizations to the project file. Then something weird will happen. I’ll see this in the project tree:

[code]test

caps
Caps

b.txt
Caps
a.txt[/code]
Result is that both folders will show under the parent directory. But only one of them will have contents. Only one folder will show outside rather than both. And it will have the other contents.

I’m working with a slightly bigger file tree in my case and it is buried deep in a large source controlled checkout. Such that just renaming/merging isn’t really an option.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

On OSX, ST3 appears not to respect case-sensitive filesystem

I can confirm this bug. I am also working with a large code base (OpenFOAM) I can’t restructure. The problem also presents when trying to search within the project, with “Unable to open…” error messages.

This is important, as some open source projects require being stored on a case sensitive file system on OS X.

0 Likes