Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Printing from Sublime Text 2?

Printing from Sublime Text 2?

Postby oxford_guy on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:41 am

Is it true that there's currently no option to print directly from Sublime text 2? If so, this seems perverse! Okay, so I'm not going to print out thousands of lines of code, but I want to be able to use Sublime Text 2 as my general purpose text editor, and sometime need to print out things, and its a pain to have to copy and paste the text into something else just to print...
oxford_guy

Re: Printing from Sublime Text 2?

Postby MystickPhoenix on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:04 pm

I use Print to HTML for printing from ST2. It's available from package control or here:
https://github.com/joelpt/sublimetext-print-to-html
MystickPhoenix

Postby gcarver on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:49 am

In windows I have a package implementing a VisualStudio com interface (using the comtypes library). I just interfaced with the Print options in Visual Studio.
gcarver

Postby mkboudreau on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:46 pm

This is seriously a huge fail for Sublime. These people suggesting other tools to print are whacked out. If you charge $60 for a text editor, printing is a foundational function. I thought I found the best text editor around until I went to print. Thank goodness I am still using the trial.

Huge Fail - Huge
mkboudreau

Postby BestGreek on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:57 am

mkboudreau wrote:This is seriously a huge fail for Sublime. These people suggesting other tools to print are whacked out. If you charge $60 for a text editor, printing is a foundational function. I thought I found the best text editor around until I went to print. Thank goodness I am still using the trial.

Huge Fail - Huge

I've been a web developer for 8 years and never needed to print my code. If I need to share it I email it. Still I'm sure its important to some. I think its the best text editor. If I want to print I'll use word or google doc's.
BestGreek

Postby svance5 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:16 pm

I've also been a developer for about a decade. I must say that while printing isn't every day occurrence, I do find it convenient to print out code segments for group discussion. It bothers me that such an awesome text editor requires a silly workaround for a basic feature.

I'm hoping this feature gets added in the future.
svance5

Postby Aradnix on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Well, I see Sublime Text is a very popular editor for web developers, but for me is a great general purpose editor. I don't use to write code for html, neither css or php. The most of times I use it for program with C/C++ and CUDA and also for compose documents with LaTeX, Beamer and sometimes BibTeX.

It's a pity that all that great layout can't be exported into a printed format. I think the colors are not so important, we could print in black and white, but why on Earth don't allow to realise a basic, fundamental task??? :cry: I think also it is a huge fail for sublime. :evil:
Aradnix

Postby ralphhipps on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:59 pm

agreed, this is a serious omission, need to be able to print! I'm seriously considering going back to UltraEdit because of this.
ralphhipps

Postby gcarver on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:53 pm

I have a plugin that supplies interop with Visual Studio 2012 on PC using pywin32. I use the interop to have Visual Studio print my files.
If you are working on PC it would be easy enough to communicate with Word or Excel to print if you can write plugins.
gcarver

Next

Return to General Discussion