Sublime Forum

Problems on OS X with mounted case-sensitive file systems

I am running into a lot of issues with a project stored on a case sensitive sparse disk image.

For example, “Switch Header/Implementation” doesn’t work with .C and .H extensions unless these are the only two specified in the command. If .c and .h are also specified, ST fails to find the basename.C and basename.H files, presumably because it is looking for basename.c and basename.h and the two are internally considered equivalent on OS X.

Also, in projects on such filesystems which have directory names distinguished only by case, Sublime fails to index or search them properly, again presumably because they are treated as equivalent internally. For example, TEST/source.C and Test/source.C.

Is there any way I can work around this second example? The first I am working around by specifying in my keymap file:

{ "keys": "super+alt+up"], "command": "switch_file", "args": {"extensions": "cpp", "cxx", "cc", "C", "hpp", "hxx", "H", "ipp", "inl", "m", "mm"]} },

which obviously disables header/implementation switching for plain C code (but enables if for C++ code with .C and .H extensions).

If you need example code to test the current OpenFOAM source code extracted on a case sensitive file system exhibits these problems. I can provide file names if needed.

0 Likes

I have same problem, but with sshfs and case sensitive fs on remote side.
If i have sample.c and sample.C it’s impossible, to open both. in sidebar and cmd+shift+P appear only one of them

0 Likes

I have the same problem with Sublime Text 3, build 3065. Atom for example displays the case sensitive files in a fine way.

0 Likes

put it in the bug tracker now https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_text/issues/3994

0 Likes