Sublime Forum

Multi-monitor support and word wrap

Hi there,

I have just started to use sublime after a friend recommended it to me, and I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to go full-screen across 2 monitors? The screenshots on the website seem to suggest so, but I can’t find a way to do this. The editor doesn’t seem to allow multiple instances to run, so I can’t simply run 2 instances, each running full-screen on a different monitor.

2. Is it possible to set the column width for word wrap? I am emulating this now by adding a second vertical pane, and resizing the second pane so that the first pane is 80 characters wide.

3. Is it possible to draw a vertical line on column 80 as a visual indicator? I like this feature in Visual Assist, as I lets me easily format my comment blocks by eye to ~80 characters.

Thanks,

Marc

0 Likes

For your first point, try File->“New Window”. That gives you what you saw in the screenshot (another Sublime window).

0 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

0 Likes

Many years, but the answers to numbers 2 and 3 in the OP are adding settings to your User Settings file (Preferences.sublime-settings)

1. Add the setting “wrap_width”:
    // Set to a value other than 0 to force wrapping at that column rather than the
    // window width
    “wrap_width”: 80

2. Add the “rulers” setting:
    // Columns in which to display vertical rulers
    “rulers”: [80]

Cheers!

0 Likes