As for the plugin at hand:
- Using a real thread would fix that issue for sure; I almost did use a real thread, and I don't mind switching to a real thread either (it really isn't that much extra work to use real threads), but I took the path of least resistance last night to get the proof of concept out (and I wanted to try out `set_timeout_async` because I hadn't as of yet).
- Also, I would need to abstract the requests for package resources.
- I think I would need to abstract some unicode stuff as well...pretty sure, there always seems to be some kind of unicode conflicts
I am not adverse to supporting this on ST2 and ST3 as a single branch. The tool itself already works regardless of platform (that is really 90% of the work). I imagine that once the plugin supports both, it really wouldn't require much maintenance since its main purpose is to call the tool.
If you are feeling ambitious, I would gladly welcome help on getting it ST2 compatible. If not, I will take a look when I get some time. I will at least look at the threading issue tonight; I did take the easy way out on that one .
It is always hard for me to gauge how much real excitement there is for a plugin, so it also makes it hard for me to gauge how much effort to put in, so I always code for myself first and then others as my motivation allows.
Edit: If I am feeling ambitious tonight, I will see how far I can get with ST2 abstraction.