Sublime Forum

Sublime Portable + Dropbox

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any tips and tricks for using Sublime with Dropbox?
What I did now was just to dump the portable version of Sublime with all my settings into my Dropbox, and then use it from all my computers.

I’m actually kind of worried that I’ll have problems with things like the Project MRU list, since all the directories will be switched each time I switch the computer I’m using. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Edan

0 Likes

sync all the %appdata%/sublime text/packages folder. All settings and plugins will be on all your computers but, tabs and sessions will be independent for each computer… This is the “best” way in my opinion since the path for working files are most of the time going to be different across different computers. This way you can have for example your work computer with work files and your laptop with some other project but sharing same settings/plugins :smile:

you can use this .bat file to sync packages folder.

ren "%appdata%\Sublime Text\Packages" "Packages.ORIG" mklink /D "%appdata%\Sublime Text\Packages" "C:\.DropBox\My Dropbox\SublimeTextPackages"

change the dropbox path to match yours of course.

0 Likes

Where is the information on the current tabs/etc. actually kept? I thought it was kept in the Packages folder.

Also, where is plugin-specific information kept? For example, where does the ProjectMRU keep its files?

Thanks!

0 Likes

In its own folder: sublime.packagesPath() + “/ProjectMRU/ProjectMRU.db”

0 Likes

If you use Forum Build with Selective Sync, you can tell DropBox to ignore Data/Options and Data/Packages/User/Session. It works for me, but I don’t have MRU plugins so I can’t tell.

0 Likes

I use ST on Dropbox as my environment for prose only and it works flawlessly. My data is all up on Dropbox, too, so it always comes up with the exact tabs and positions I had last used. Of course, I’m not using anything fancy like you guys do (coding is more than a bit beyond me), but it seems to load up a bit snappier than it does from HD on my machines, and certainly faster than from USB drive. Not sure how that’s possible, but it sure is nice.

Kensai

0 Likes