Sublime Forum

Color Scheme Editor *inside* ST2/3

Hi guys, I’ve been playing with ST plugins today. I made a small plugin that shows you the actual styles that affect the source under the cursor so you can change it and see the effect immediately. Give it a try if you are interested. The plugin is not extensively tested and not in the package control yet. More info and screenshots: github.com/bobef/ColorSchemeEditor

To install the plugin manually just click the “ZIP” button in the link and extract to where your other ST packages are.

Update 14-02-2013: Now if more than one style affects the source element you can switch between the styles with Ctl+Alt+(Right|Left)

Update 17-11-2013: Tested with Sublime Text 3 beta 3054, seems to work fine without changes.

Update 26-01-2013: Fixed a bug in scope matching: some valid scopes were not recognized and the scoring was wrong but could only manifest in rarely used cases.

0 Likes

Very cool! It’s working pretty well for me thus far. I’m running Mac OS X 10.7.5 with ST2 build 2219.

0 Likes

This looks pretty cool! Any chance that we can get a ST3 version?

0 Likes

Try it, maybe it works on ST3 also, let me know. ST3 doesn’t work so well for me ATM so I’ll wait it to mature more before switching.

0 Likes

This is interesting. I like this direction. Keep in mind though, in Sublime Text, an element of code can actually be influenced by multiple XML/Scheme items. So, an element of code might get its color from one scheme entry, background color from another, and text emphasis (bold etc.) from yet another. I learned this when I did the ExportHtml plugin that recreates the exact look of sublime’s code window in HTML.

Anyways, glad to see something like this coming about.

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]This is interesting. I like this direction. Keep in mind though, in Sublime Text, an element of code can actually be influenced by multiple XML/Scheme items. So, an element of code might get its color from one scheme entry, background color from another, and text emphasis (bold etc.) from yet another. I learned this when I did the ExportHtml plugin that recreates the exact look of sublime’s code window in HTML.

Anyways, glad to see something like this coming about.[/quote]

I was wondering if this is possible. I can add some shortcuts to move between all matching entries, currently only the best match is displayed, I’ll write this down in the todo list.

0 Likes

Update 17-11-2013: Tested with Sublime Text 3 beta 3054, seems to work fine without changes.

0 Likes