Sublime Forum

Comment on new line

Hi,

I’m writing Ruby in ST2 and would like to change the behavior when I hit return on a line that is a comment.

[code]

1. My current line

2. <-- after hitting return on line 1, line 2 starts out with a new comment character[/code]

I don’t want line 2 to contain a comment character. Is there is preference I can change to get eh behavior I want?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Testing on Sublime Text 2, OS X 10.8.5

# I start out with a comment
I hit return and there is no comment character
0 Likes

Thank you for the response but that doesn’t help me determine why I’m seeing the behavior where the new line starts off with a comment character. Does anyone know which setting controls this behavior?

Thank you

0 Likes

I would assume that it’s a plugin causing this issue, have you tried testing this on a fresh ST setup?

0 Likes

Thanks for the response subhaze. Is there an easy way to launch ST without having it load 3rd-party packages? I’m not sure how I would do that.

Thanks!

0 Likes

It’s not too difficult, info on reverting to a fresh state can be found here sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

I recommend moving/renaming this folder and not deleting it, that way you can easily put it back in place and not lose your original data.

0 Likes

As an alternative to reverting, you can try logging the command. Enter “sublime.log_commands(True)” into the console. Get the comment to appear and see what command is running. You can then use github.com/skuroda/FindKeyConflicts to display all key bindings in a buffer. It also displays the command and associated package the binding is located in. Of course, reverting works too.

0 Likes

Thank you skuroda - using sublime.log_commands(True) I was able to track down the offending package: DocBlockr.

0 Likes