Sublime Forum

Sentence wrapping is buggy

If I take a sentence which starts with a non US character and wrap it, I see a bug.

Here is a string:

É is a letter in the icelandic alphabet. A is a letter in the US alphabet and in the Icelandic alphabet as well.

It looks like this if I word wrap it:

É is a letter in the icelandic alphabet. A is a letter in the US alphabet and
É in the Icelandic alphabet as well.

Where did the extra “É” come from?

0 Likes

That sentence works fine for me on OS X 10.8 ST2/3.

0 Likes

I have never seen anything like this and I can’t replicate the issue on Win, ST 3054. I frequently write in Greek, so it should’ve come up by now.

Maybe it’s a graphical glitch? Can you grab a screenshot of it? Also useful would be: Sublime version, your OS, and whether you have tried reverting.

0 Likes

This happens for me in LaTeX, as well:

Input:

\para{Potential Pitfalls and Alternative Strategies:} While our current approach has been successful for volumes of a few teravoxels, petascale volumes will bring a new set of challenges.

After wrapping:
\para{Expected Outcomes:} Enable connectome data sharing, hypothesis
\discovery, and reproducible research in a form easy for biologists to use.

0 Likes

Again, I’m not able to replicate this issue. Can you provide a screenshot and the other info I asked in my previous post? Hopefully they will allow other users to replicate the issue and we can go on from there.

0 Likes

When posting bug reports it helps to list what build of ST you’re running, the OS you’re running it in.

Also, something to consider doing first would be trying a fresh ST setup to ensure it’s not a third party plugin giving you the issues.

sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html

sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes