Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3056

Matt,

Guessing one of your plugins might be a bit flaky. I’ve not had plugin_host die, but I use very few plugins in ST3 at the moment. I’d suggest the game of moving candidate plugins into “ignored_packages” and seeing if you can nail the offending one.

0 Likes

I know all about that game, I’ve played it plenty of times before :smile: . Problem is, it happened at random times, and I have about 50+ plugins installed (not all active concurrently, obviously), so the game takes a very long time to play…

I just mentioned it b/c Build 3054 had been quite stable for me, and I wanted to see if anyone else had suddenly experienced issues. If it keeps happening I’ll start trending, see if any plugins updated recently, start pulling the usual suspects (SublimeCodeIntel, I’m looking at you!), etc.

0 Likes

Guys, stop with crazyness!
Do you realize what features do you ask for a text editor?

0 Likes

Fantastic!

One suggestion: would it be possible to display PDF files inline as well?

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]Guys, stop with crazyness!
Do you realize what features do you ask for a text editor?[/quote]

[quote=“vbef”]Fantastic!

One suggestion: would it be possible to display PDF files inline as well?[/quote]

:unamused:

0 Likes

Find in Files still not working.

But at least it’s broken differently:

Searching 2 files for "SLI->MAC:"

828 matches in 1 file
     <binary>

Back to 3047, I guess.
:cry:

0 Likes

Thanks much appreciated!

0 Likes

webkit views/panes would be sweet.

0 Likes

Actually, I can’t see either why a text editor should include a feature to open an image, and show it… can’t you use your favourite image viewer for that?? Anyhow, as far as ST remains fast and “not blowed”, it’s fine for me too.
Note: no intention to trigger a debate here, just wondering…

0 Likes

[quote=“bphunter1972”]Find in Files still not working.

But at least it’s broken differently:

Searching 2 files for "SLI->MAC:"

828 matches in 1 file
     <binary>

Back to 3047, I guess.
:cry:[/quote]

Well… if the found string is inside a binary file, you can’t open that… it was like that also on last version: you’ll find only in text…

0 Likes

Jon what is the future of Sublime Text?

[quote=“qgates”]Jon,

• New statusbar items are nice but they take up a bit too much room on the status line imo; there’s too much whitespace between them. Since the fields grow in size, can’t that whitespace be somewhat shrunk down? It doesn’t leave so much room for status messages at the moment.[/quote]

I agree, I immediately started looking for the option to turn them off.
Personally i don’t need the information, and i’d much rather use the pixels for other information (git status, lint hints etc)

0 Likes

[quote=“fjl”]

Do you realize what features do you ask for a text[/quote]

editor?

webkit views/panes would be sweet.[/quote]

yeah, and then please add a web-server, virtualenv management, Vagrant, ESXi and a small Linux kernel.

Seriously, every time I need to work with some image, I have to at least crop it and resize it, so a view-only function is of no usage for me. 80% of the time, I’m happy with OS X Preview’s edit functions, but for the rest, I need Gimp.

IMHO, don’t blow up with that kind of feature, even if it looks good on the screenshot gallery.

0 Likes

I find the image preview functionality very useful. Nice enhancement!

0 Likes

I’m all in for custom status bar columns (via API) with menus (github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/15) that are movable by the user.

0 Likes

Awesome as always, thank you Jon.

This version introduced a small regression. When empty regions are drawn in an underline mode, the character to the right of the region is drawn as a solid underline. Previously nothing was drawn, which is what is expected, because in fill and outline mode, nothing is drawn for an empty region.

0 Likes

Or at least decrease the space between the items, they don’t need so much.

0 Likes

Search in files seems broken in this release in Windows 7 x64.

I’m searching in

C:\Users\Bobi\Downloads\node-v0.10.22,*.cc

and I get

[code]Searching 1 file for “main(”

Unable to open /C/Users/Bobi/Downloads/node-v0.10.22
0 matches across 0 files[/code]

0 Likes

re: status bar, I’ll add some settings to control what gets displayed.

I’m unable to replicate this, can you show me what arguments you’re passing to sublime.add_regions()?

It’s working here. The error message you’re getting indicates that the path doesn’t exist, or can’t be accessed.

0 Likes

@jps about the wrong path in search in files: I tried again yesterday and it was working fine. Then I tried again and it was broken again. Then I tried again and it was working again. It seems to be working most of the time. Don’t know what is triggering it but sometimes the path become Linux path.

0 Likes

Another problem with this build.I reported this problem for ST2 and it is still present in ST3 unfortunately. Again this is not reproducible 100% of the time but probably 80% of the time, so most of the time it is broken for me. jps, if you are willing to look into it I can make a case with sample build system and nodejs script that does some output and nodejs itself.

Some serious problems with the capturing of the output of build systems. This is Win7 x64 Home Premium.

I have created a simple build system that executes run.bat which I can put some stuff in to execute my Node.js script.

The build system looks like this. It captures all files which start with C:\ . I tried with cmd, shell_cmd and shell: true, it makes no difference.

{
	"cmd": "run.bat"],
	"file_regex": "(C:\\\\.+?):([0-9]+)"
}

There are two problems. First, when I press F4, it walks the matched files backwards. I.e. F4 does nothing because it starts from the end. I need to press Shift+F4 and it starts from the last file and I need to press this million times to get to the first, losing my way in the process.

The second problem, even worse, is that lot of the output is not shown in the console at all. In my node script I have some console.log() calls that I use for debugging.
Most of them are missing in the output panel in Sublime. When I run my run.bat from cmd.exe all is fine. Check the screenshot here docs.google.com/file/d/0ByZeCc6 … sp=sharing .

One more related problem: When you double click a file in the output panel to go its location the focus remains on the output panel, i.e. the source panel is not activated and it doesn’t show any cursor so you actually need to look where the line number you need is. Although it is scrolled in the view without cursor you can’t see it.

0 Likes