Sublime Forum

Setting Spell Check for specific file(s)

Hello

In Emacs I like a feature that allows me to add some comments (using the syntax of the language I am using, being it HTML, LaTeX, Markdown, whatever) with some preferences for the editor for that specific file. I do not know if that exists for Sublime, but it would be cool.

Anyway, I would love to have spell checking on the fly when writing texts (say, LaTeX, for instance). But it gets boring to set it on each time. And, yet more boring, change the dictionary to use, as I usually write documents in Portuguese and some other in English.

Ideas on how to overcome these issues with Sublime 3?

Thank you
Alberto

0 Likes

Yes, you can set configurations based on a syntax. Go to Preferences -> Settings - More -> Syntax Specific - User. To see what you can set, take a look at the default settings.

0 Likes

I searched so I don’t duplicate questions and in the above post there’s a suggestion that I can modify setting such as switching on/off or limiting spell checker to specific situations…

My aim is to modify the spell checker behaver to only check commented text as with // … or wrapped in /* … */
With the possibility for adding it to right click mouse option to check a highlighted region…

The post also says look at default settings but that file is empty, so how would I go about this (if it’s even possible)?
Mike

0 Likes