Sublime Forum

Word wrap behavior

I find word wrap puzzling. I set it to 70 columns and use Sublime as the text editor to prepare mail postings where I want 70 char length.

However, pasting into mail client reveals that the word wrap is merely visual. How can I (if possible) make Sublime actually insert newlines at the word wrap length??

0 Likes

Sublime supports both “physical wrap” where lines are physically broken at a certain column, and “visual wrap” where lines are not physically broken but still wrap around at a particular column.

Wrap options under the “view” menu concern visual line wrap. Options under the “edit” concern physical wrap ie. lines are physically broken.

Together with some experimentation, that should set you on the right track.

0 Likes

[quote=“qgates”]Sublime supports both “physical wrap” where lines are physically broken at a certain column, and “visual wrap” where lines are not physically broken but still wrap around at a particular column.

Wrap options under the “view” menu concern visual line wrap. Options under the “edit” concern physical wrap ie. lines are physically broken.

Together with some experimentation, that should set you on the right track.[/quote]

I found it confusing from a user perspective, but it does work. Thanks :smiley:

0 Likes