Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Bug: setting "tab_completion" is being ignored (build 2200)

Re: Bug: setting "tab_completion" is being ignored (build 2200)

Postby defsquad on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:51 pm

JPS/Ildefonse,

I believe i'm hitting the same issue here. Any updates on this? Would love to be able to use <ENTER> to select the first selected item in the auto-complete list instead of <TAB>.

Would love to hear back about this JPS. Thanks for the awesome product.
defsquad

Postby cfsimplicity on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:20 am

Pity this hasn't been acknowledged as a bug. No change in the recent 2.0.2 update.

As a workaround I've found adding this setting to my user key bindings solves the problem:

Code: Select all
{ "keys": ["tab"], "command": "insert", "args": {"characters": "\t"}, "context":
   [
      { "key": "auto_complete_visible" },
      { "key": "setting.tab_completion", "operator": "equal", "operand": false }
   ]
}

When "tab_completion" is set to false, this forces the Tab key to insert a tab instead of selecting a match whenever an auto-complete window is visible. Use Enter if you want to select a match.
cfsimplicity

Postby oleksiyk on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:47 am

Still broken in Sublime 3.

When you type a letter, say 'f' and a completion popup appears it then does't matter if "tab_completion" is false or true - pressing TAB will commit currently selected autocompletion word which might be or might not be a snippet. The documentation says that setting tab_completion to false should only complete snippets. This is not the case. If the last time you completed 'f' with a snippet - it will complete snippet the next time, if it was a word - it will complete a word. And 'tab_completion' option has absolutely no effect on this behaviour.

if tab_completion is set to false everyone expects that only pressing ENTER will complete from completion popup. Pressing TAB should only trigger matching snippets or insert tab symbol. This is not the case, please fix it.

Please have a look at the following posts mentioning the same problem:
http://sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/8 ... -reindent/
http://sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/9 ... n-its-own/
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11434&start=0
oleksiyk

Previous

Return to Technical Support