Sublime Forum

Make it perfect: simple html page map

Well i used search and found no suggestions like this one, so ill create one.

What would make Sublime perfect for me is a simply html page preview, that could be used as a map, where you can click on some element and it will point you to a part of html code where that element is declared, nothing more then that is required. Do this and ill ditch Dreamweaver for Sublime!

0 Likes

Is there realy no hope for this?

0 Likes

Sublime Text is a “text” editor. It’s not an IDE which is what Dreamweaver is.

0 Likes

Notepad is a text editor, Sublime can be easily called an IDE. An interactive preview like in dreamveawer would surely take lot of work, but isn’t it worth it? i would even pay fot it.

0 Likes

[quote]An interactive preview like in dreamveawer would surely take lot of work, but isn’t it worth it? i would even pay fot it.
[/quote]

What about those that doesn’t use sublime for frontend related tasks? What this feature it will worth for them?

0 Likes

I’d look around at plugins - I bet someone’s already made something like this.

0 Likes

They would not care, i say, sublime is already perfect for them, so it is time to make another group happy as well.

I can’t find it and i doubt it exist, if it was there it would be the most popular mod around.

0 Likes

@Rasly : Have a look at github.com/adampresley/sublime-view-in-browser

Cheers,
Mick

0 Likes

[quote=“PinnacleWebDesign”]@Rasly : Have a look at github.com/adampresley/sublime-view-in-browser

Cheers,
Mick[/quote]

It is totaly not what i am talking about. I am not too lazy to open a browser myself to see a preview. Important is that you can click on some parts of it and it will point you to this bit of code in text editor. So that you can navigate thru big html code faster.

0 Likes

@sublimator had a plugin that did this, IIRC. It’s not impossible but would require a lot of set up. He also used telnet + firebug at the time…
Don’t expect an all-in-one package to do this. May I recommend using the handy-dandy Find command (⌃F / ⌘F) instead?

lol

0 Likes

ndudfield.com/zencoding/releases … ation.html

Yeah, it’s doable :smile:

I used to embed CherryPy or tornado webservers in Sublime for what you want

There’s all sorts of stuff you can do …

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]http://ndudfield.com/zencoding/releases/zen-navigation/zen-navigation.html

Yeah, it’s doable :smile:

I used to embed CherryPy or tornado webservers in Sublime for what you want

There’s all sorts of stuff you can do …[/quote]

Well that is something, looks promising.

0 Likes