I was having the same error trying to compile my code with 'Ctrl+b', which I though was odd since I have been able to compile on OSX without any issues and then run the created class with terminal.
Turns out that my environment variables we not set when installing Java. (forgive me if you have already done this)
Steps I took to remedy this
1. Click Start
2. Right click on 'Computer'
3. On the left hand side select 'Advanced System Settings'
4. Near the bottom click on 'Environment Variables'
5. Scroll down on 'System Variables' until you find 'PATH' - click edit with this selected.
6. Add the path to your Java bin folder. Mine ends up looking like this
- Code: Select all
Not sure if this is a trivial thing or not, no doubt you are meant to do this when you install the SDK but I didn't read the instructions as per usual
As for running, I just use the CMD line at the moment.
Hope it helps!