Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ST3: EasyDiff

Re: ST3: EasyDiff

Postby bizoo on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:07 am

Wow, was quick !
Everything works great, thanks for another useful plugin.
bizoo

Postby facelessuser on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:46 pm

No problem. I think I am on a coding kick right now...I will probably be burned out by December :).

I will let you know when I finish the external version control options. Maybe I will throw it up on Package Control when I finish.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:50 am

Fixed a lot of my confusion with the version control stuff, and I enabled external version control. Hopefully all is still working and makes better sense now:

-Fix version control: "diff last revision" should be "diff with previous revision"
-Ensure svn, git, and mercurial "diff with previous revision" all behave like the name suggests (this is what I thought everything was doing the first time, but only svn behaved like this)
-When doing external diffs, copy files into temp folder to allow for more sane names for files
-Git remove "staged diff" in favor of a single diff which will show staged and unstaged against the base (this is what I wanted from the beginning)
-Add external version control options

That is it, I am done for now...unless I, or someone else, finds some bugs. I am going to give it a bit to ensure everything is stable, and if so, I think I will submit to package control.

I didn't actually think I was going to add this much, but I think it has turned into a pretty useful plugin now.
facelessuser

Postby jbjornson on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:34 am

Any chance to support CVS? Unfortunately I'm stuck in the stone age at work with regards to version control :-)
jbjornson

Postby facelessuser on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:08 pm

I remember using CVS at my internship :).

I am not sure if I will support CVS or not. I briefly thought about it. If I am able to setup a free CVS repo somewhere so I can test out client side functionality and figure out how to replicate the same features the other version control systems use for this plugin, then there is a good chance. If I am having to setup my own CVS server just so I can test out client side functionality, it just isn't going to happen. If the interfacing with the CVS binary can't give me what I need, it probably won't happen either (but I this is less likely to be a sticking point).

CVS would probably be the only other system I would consider supporting.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:20 am

This should be in Package Control now.

I will be officially enabling a version control revert option as well probably tomorrow. I have tested git and mercurial, but I won't enable it until I confirm svn revert is setup right.

That should finish up all the features I currently had planned.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:58 am

Revert is in.
facelessuser

Postby virtuallynothere on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi,
I know this is a noob question, but how can I diff 2 tabs or files, and only select the differences?

IE: I have 2 files with a list computer names, I want to find only the systems missing from 1 file and select the missing systems so that I can put them into a new file.

Thx!!
Sully
virtuallynothere

Postby facelessuser on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:52 pm

virtuallynothere wrote:Hi,
I know this is a noob question, but how can I diff 2 tabs or files, and only select the differences?

IE: I have 2 files with a list computer names, I want to find only the systems missing from 1 file and select the missing systems so that I can put them into a new file.

Thx!!
Sully

If I understand correctly what you are asking, you probably want to use the external option by linking easydiff to a 3rd party merge tool. The internal diff functionality is great for quickly seeing the difference. But for merging, I use EasyDiff's external option and merge in an actual merge utility.

If you want to merge inside Sublime, then take a look at Sublimerge http://www.sublimerge.com/. I, personally, have a hard time paying for a merge tool that only works with Sublime, which is why I use EasyDiff connected to a good external merge tool when I actually need to merge.
facelessuser

Postby facelessuser on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Easy Diff will now show the diff options in the Sidebar, Tab Context, and View Context for convenience (Sidebar will not show the selections option for obvious reasons).

Wait, but what if I don't want to have EasyDiff show up in all of those menus?
Glad you asked! This can be controlled with the following setting, just remove the menu you don't want to show up:

// Menus to show (view|tab|sidebar)
"menu_types": ["view", "tab", "sidebar"],

Hopefully nothing broke in the process of adding this feature. I tested it well enough, but a lot of stuff changed internally.
facelessuser

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements