Sublime Forum

Any way to change the mouse cursor size?

Hi,

Is there any possible way (hack or otherwise) to decrease the mouse cursor size in Sublime Text 3 (osx)?

With my current font size settings the mouse cursor is much larger than the height of a line of text, making it very difficult to select anything with the mouse.
I’ve noticed that the cursor is actually a bit smaller in other apps (eg chrome), which leads me to believe that this is something that sublime controls.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - any sublime settings / plugins, osx tools or hacks.

Right now I feel like the mouse cursor is a big mitten.

0 Likes

Interesting. I am using Sublime on OS X and it is definitely not doing anything to the cursor size. You can change the cursor size globally from System Preferences > Accessibility > Display, but then you should be seeing the same size in all applications.

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve already set it to the smallest possible value in the settings and it’s still too big.
For me, it does seem to be slightly bigger in sublime than in other apps though :confused:

I’ve also tried to force-set the global cursor size by doing “defaults write com.apple.universalaccess mouseDriverCursorSize 1.5”, but that doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

0 Likes

I started having this problem on OSX 10.9 right after updating to ST3 build 3059. This post helped me (https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/cursor-too-big/12179/3&hilit=cursor). Try adding the following to your settings file:

"caret_extra_bottom": 0,
"caret_extra_top": 0,
"caret_extra_width": 0,
0 Likes