Sublime Forum

What is binding dictionary/Wikipedia look up?

Hi,

If I press ctrl+super+d (i.e. ctrl+command+d) on Mac, Sublime 3 displays a dictionary and Wikipedia definition of the word under my cursor.

But I can’t find where that keymap is defined. If I look in my default key bindings, it says:

{ "keys": "ctrl+super+d"], "command": "noop" },

If I add a custom key binding for ctrl+super+d, it is ignored and still does a dictionary look up!

I have very few plugins installed, and none of them relate to dictionary look ups (as far as I can tell).

I tried the BoundKeys plugin, and it still just points to the default noop definition.

Any idea on where this seemingly special key binding is occurring?

0 Likes

It’s possible you have some other application (outside of ST) doing things.

0 Likes

It’s a system binding and it seems that it is not simple to disable. I did a quick search and the most promising place to start seemed to be this topic on superuser:

superuser.com/questions/326223/h … ut-in-os-x

Cheers!

0 Likes

Thank you very much for the answers.

It didn’t occur to me that it was something outside of Sublime because I never tried those keys in any other application. But you’re right, I can press Ctrl+Command+D on the Mac at any time and it will show me the dictionary definition of whatever is under the mouse cursor.

It looks like overriding that keystroke is pretty difficult, thanks Apple!

Thanks for the assistance, guys, now I know what to investigate, and know that it’s not Sublime.

0 Likes