Sublime Forum

(ST3) SubNotify (OSX|Windows|Linux)

Sublime doesn’t really offer to much in the way of non-intrusive notifications. The status bar is okay, but easy to miss. This plugin allows for notifications in all operating systems in a non intrusive way utilizing the built in notifications systems (some by way of external tools), or growl. This can be used by any plugin by calling the SubNotifyCommand:

[pre=#232628]sublime.run_command(“sub_notify”, {“title”: “My Title”, “msg”: “My Message”})[/pre]

Repo is here: github.com/facelessuser/SubNotify

0 Likes

I have updated a number of my plugins to utilize SubNotify. Each plugin automatically uses subnotify by default if SubNotify is installed unless stated otherwise. Only messages that make sense are replaced with subnotify. Usually messages you want to know, but don’t have to be obtrusive. So usually status bar messages you don’t usually see unless you are looking (but ones that need to be there remain), errors, and sometimes casual messages.

• RegReplace
  • HexViewer
  • RawLineEdit
  • FuzzyFileNav
  • FavoriteFiles
  • ExportHtml

Plugins that have always supported SubNotify

• ThemeScheduler (must be manually enabled)
  • EasyDiff

Anyways, if you are already using SubNotify and any of these plugins, you may have noticed. Some of these plugins rarely show messages, so it is very possible you haven’t noticed yet. Anyways, that’s it.

0 Likes

Subnotify has been updated to 1.2.0

• No longer requires PyWin32 on windows for native dialogs! Feel free to uninstall the PyWin32 plugin if you are not using it for anything else.
0 Likes