Sublime Forum

ST2/ST3 Font size independence per-window

I am a multimonitor user and really appreciate sublime’s chromeless F11 with split views. So usually I open 2 sublime windows, F11 each on each respective monitor then get a lovely code only display across both my screens.

The problem is this: My two monitors have different pixel densities ie. they’re not identical monitors. So the font size that’s correct on one screen is (in my case) too big on the second screen. Correct on the second screen is too small on the primary screen. You get the picture.

So I’m wondering is there a way to change font size independently for sublime windows? I’ve scoured around and was even prepared to do this via a plugin, but I can’t find any way to do it, and things seem to be much the same in ST3. I’m not so bothered about changing font-size per pane on split-screen views (personally) but many devs and writers use multi screens these days so I figure it’s kindof essential. Can it be done, and if not, is it cheeky to lazily put a feature request here as well? :wink:

0 Likes

You can make a project per-window, and put a font_size setting in the .sublime-project file

0 Likes

Thanks Jon. A neat workaround that I hadn’t thought of, but I tried it and can’t seem to get it working. Do I need to put the font_size in a particular place in the project file? I tried editing the project and placed it inside the the top level {} and in the “Settings” key. Speaking of which, upon first selecting “Edit project” I noticed the following, here’s the last 20 lines or so of what appeared:

"select_symbol":
	{
		"height": 0.0,
		"selected_items":

],
		"width": 0.0
	},
	"settings":
	{
	},
	"show_minimap": true,
	"show_open_files": true,
	"show_tabs": true,
	"side_bar_visible": false,
	"side_bar_width": 222.0,
	"status_bar_visible": true,
	"template_settings":
	{
	}
}

Notice “settings” and below. Seems that the “settings” key and {} arrangement has been messed up by sublime somehow?

0 Likes

On a per project basis, you should put it within “settings”, e.g.

{
  "folders":

{
      "path": "/home/user/some-project-folder"
    }
  ],
  "settings":
  {
    "font_size": 10
  }
}
1 Like