Sublime Forum

Plugin API for graphical views

Hi,

I’ve been looking though the forums, but as far as I can tell the current plugin APIs only allow you to manipulate text-buffer views. Is it possible, or is it planned, to introduce the ability to create new views where the plugin is responsible for all of the rendering? Like an empty container, where the plugin author can use the UI toolkit of their choice (with the appropriate python bindings), to build eg:

• Markdown preview pane
  • Build/CI status overview
  • Threads/callstack for a debugger plugin

etc.

Or alternatively, to allow the plugin to create web views, where the UI is in HTML/CSS/JS, and where the ui can make callbacks to the plugin code through a mechanism like postMessage.

Thoughts?

0 Likes

It is not currently possible, and I don’t know if it’s planned.
You might be able to use a really small font size and some creative language grammars to get a pretty good graphical interface…

0 Likes

A graphical views API would be very useful. I want to improve SublimeGDB, and having to open lots of text views to create the various elements is rather cumbersome. HTML or native UI toolkit would be great :smiley:

0 Likes

An API for custom views would be very handy.
Also a general debugger implementation would be awesome to have so 3rd party developers could hook-it up using plugins for different programming languages.
All the debuggers we have for SublimeText right now are just hacks based on text views.

0 Likes

Any chance VBA and VBNet can be added as syntax highlighting languages. At present I’m stuck using notepad++ because it natively supports them, but if Sublime could support them as well it would give me a better option. :smiley:

0 Likes

First result on google:
github.com/SublimeText/VBScript

0 Likes