Sublime Forum

Vintage mode move cursor down skips blank lines

I’ve encountered some odd behavior when using the “j” key to move down a certain number of lines in Sublime Text 2 and 3.
It only occurs when I need to go down a certain number of lines, and I use a command such as “2 j” to go down 2 lines. If the target line
is blank that I am moving down into, and I am past the first column on my current line, sublime for some reason skips the blank line
and puts me on the next line (so it sometimes goes down 3 lines, not to the line I wanted) If I am on column 1, the behavior is erratic.

0    if get_req.status_code == 200:
1        hxs = HtmlXPathSelector(text=get_req.text)
3        rooms = hxs.select('//div@id="rooms"]/table//tbody')

If the cursor is on line 0, past column 1 the command “2 j” will put me on line 3. Even worse, if the cursor is on line 0 column 0, hitting “2 j” will oddly put me on column 2 of line 1.

I would like to go down an exact number of lines (I also use relative line numbering to accurately move to places on the screen)
Are there any bug reports active for these issues? Can this be fixed?

Thank you!

0 Likes

I don’t know how active the development of Vintage is (as it’s a package, as far as I know, maintained by jps). If you are using ST3, I’d recommend trying out github.com/guillermooo/Vintageous.

0 Likes