Sublime Forum

Double-clicking selects periods on one file but not another?

I’ve got two JavaScript files that, for all intents and purposes, appear to be the same. However, recently, a proper cropped up on new JS files where double-clicking to create a selection ignores periods. Consider the following code:

object.method();

On new JS files, when I double-click on the word method, it selects object.method. On old JS files, it performs as expected and only selects method.

I can’t for the life of me figure out why the behavior has changed for new files and how to revert it. The syntax is set to JavaScript for all files. Everything about the two is identical except for the double-click behavior. This is on Sublime Text 2.

0 Likes

did your word_separators option change?

0 Likes

No. Found a related topic that was posted before mine: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13104&start=0

0 Likes

@shaun do you have the AngularJS plug-in installed?

There was a bug where the word_separator wasn’t getting set back properly in some views but this has been fixed in an update.

0 Likes

I’m wrestling with this issue too, but to my knowledge I’ve not had angularjs installed. Is there a way of querying or reseting the word_separators or are there other packages which are suspected of causing issues?

I’ve tried uninstalling most of the packages and no matter how I edit or change my word separators, nothing happens! One file will be fine, the other will have this issue.

0 Likes