Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Neo keyboard layout not full supported

Neo keyboard layout not full supported

Postby shoul on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi, I want to use sublime2 but my keyboard layout is not full supported.

I use Neo2-de on a Debian squeeze.
The main problem is that the directions keys on the left hand are do nothing.

In Neo2 there is a “Mod4” key witch is in the default German keyboard layout the “<” key. If this key is compressed there are direction keys on: e – forward, d – back, f – right, s – left (in the default German keyboard layout).

http://wiki.neo-layout.org/wiki/Grafiken

My hope is that you can fix it or there is some adon or so that I have not found.

Kind regards
shoul

Re: Neo keyboard layout not full supported

Postby ker on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:42 am

I have the same problem.
German neo layout, got to sublimetext (over humblebundle due to oxeye games studio using your editor (seen in a livestream)).
My return key is mapped on right-alt + p (on english layout right-alt + v) and backspace is right-alt + v (right-alt + w).
I never use the regular backspace, return, movement, delete, page up/down, home, end keys, on some computers I have no mapping for them at all.

My hope is that you can fix it or there is some adon or so that I have not found.

So do I :)

greetings
/ker
ker

Postby Antoras on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:20 pm

I have the same problem. Hopefully another post helps to make the problem more present. ;)
Antoras

Postby quarnster on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:39 pm

You can run the following in the sublime console and you see what key presses Sublime Text gets and modify your user key bindings to do what you want:
Code: Select all
sublime.log_input(True)
quarnster

Postby Antoras on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:52 pm

It seems that Sublime Text doesn't get always full key bindings. If I type an upper case N it shows me 'N' and not 'shift+n'. Maybe this is a problem of Neo layout and not of Sublime Text.
Antoras

Postby Antoras on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Upvote at: http://sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/1 ... rd-layout/

It's a pity that sublime is not open source, thus the chances are low that this will ever be fixed. But we can hope...
Antoras

Postby simt on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 pm

Hey fellow Neo-Users,

I share with you my little workaround for the - in my opinion - most important functions of Layer 4. Maybe new Users like me might appreciate this.
Under Linux I use my AltGr as Super_R:
xmodmap -e 'keycode 108 = Super_R NoSymbol Super_R'

Now these keybindings emulate moving and deleting with Layer 4 of the Neo-Layout:
{ "keys": ["super+l"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "lines", "forward": false} },
{ "keys": ["super+a"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "lines", "forward": true} },
{ "keys": ["super+i"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "characters", "forward": false} },
{ "keys": ["super+e"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "characters", "forward": true} },
{ "keys": ["super+o"], "command": "move_to", "args": {"to": "eol"}, "extend": false },
{ "keys": ["super+u"], "command": "move_to", "args": {"to": "bol"}, "extend": false },
{ "keys": ["super+v"], "command": "left_delete" },
{ "keys": ["super+c"], "command": "right_delete" }

To make Neo work again in other applications, you have to reset AltGr:
xmodmap -e 'keycode 108 = ISO_Level5_Shift NoSymbol ISO_Level5_Shift'

For now I have a little script to toggle between these two bound to a hotkey, I might write a Gnome-Shell-Extension that executes it on Focus of Sublime windows when I'm in the mood to get into the APIs of Gnome. With WMs like awesome you should also be able to easily accomplish this.
simt

Postby Krux02 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:58 am

I just want to say, that I also hope this will be fixed. In case this thread will be read by a sublime developer, here are instructions to test support for the neo layout.

in a linux shell write
setxkbmap de neo

now your layout is set to this http://www.neo-layout.org/. Layer 4 is not working. Right Mod4 is right alt, left Mod4 is not available on english layouts. Right Alt+(E/D/S/F) should move the cursor.

just in case you get lost in neo copy this to get back to normal ;)
setxkbmap us
Krux02

Postby Elrond1337 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Please take care of that!

I'm using neo as well and I'm not sure if sublime without 4th layer of neo is faster for me than e.g. gedit.

Any other workarounds?
Elrond1337

Postby shaslinger on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 am

+1 for fixing this, dear developer! I'm affected as well.

Warm regards,
Stefan
shaslinger

Next

Return to Technical Support