Sublime Forum

Movable sidebar / filebrowser

This seems so trivial that I actually thought I was stupid for not being able to figure out how to do it… Turns out it’s not possible for some reason.

Please update the sidebar so that it can be docked on the right.

0 Likes

Can't figure out how to move the sidebar to the right

You can give FileBrowser plugin a try:
github.com/aziz/SublimeFileBrowser

I appreciate your feedback, shared the same frustrations about sidebar shortcomings.

0 Likes

I’d like to register my desire for this feature if I may. As I posted elsewhere in the forum:

[quote]I’d really like to see this feature too. ST is the only editor I use where the sidebar is fixed to the left, and it jars my workflow pretty badly. I have a large resolution (2048x1280) with iTerm on the left and on the right. The file tree between them is a real distraction, so much so that I’ve had to ditch ST for now and use either Atom or TM (currently Atom).

Dismiss the importance if you will, I envy that it doesn’t bother you - however for some of us it’s a deal breaker. Our minds work differently, and mine can’t jump between my code and my terminal smoothly with a wall of file tree between them.[/quote]

0 Likes

github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/303

0 Likes

[quote=“aziz”]You can give FileBrowser plugin a try:
github.com/aziz/SublimeFileBrowser

I appreciate your feedback, shared the same frustrations about sidebar shortcomings.[/quote]

Hi,
I would like to try your plugin and now that I have installed it I don’t know how to open a file browser view in a tab.
Could you guide me how to start using the plugin?

0 Likes