Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Project sessions plugin

Re: Project sessions plugin

Postby ilya on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 am

fuglesang,
Now it's works for me! It's very useful, thanks!

But It has problem with session naming in some case ;) For example, 95% of my directory (projects) has same name "site". And this directory placed in directory with true name of the project. Like "Project-1\site", "Project-2\site", "MySite\site" etc. But session name has last folder name: "site", "site", "site" etc :)
ilya

Postby fuglesang on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:11 pm

Hehe, yes. I still have to change it up to support projects with the same name. Will probably get it done sometime this week.
fuglesang

Postby jbjornson on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi fuglesang,

Just wanted to say that this is a fantastic plugin, resolving one of the few weaknesses in SublimeText. Thanks!

Cheers,

Josh
jbjornson

Postby tgkeul on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Thank you for this plugin.
I knew I was missing it - but I didn't knew how much. For me it is one of the essential plugins.
tgkeul

Postby Esente on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:42 am

Just want to report something:

Situation: You have your current window with all the view, then open a new window with no view, close the first window then the second.

Reopen Sublime will restore the second window only, loosing all the views existing in the first window.

I think Session should include all windows of a Sublime instance also.
Esente

Postby fuglesang on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Small update: Made it so the session files are opened based on the path to the .sublime-project file or the directory opened as a project. This resolves the issue with having more projects (or directories) with the same name. Though now you can't move your project around without having to remake the session. Also the old sessions are invalidated and have to me remade.

@jbjornson, tgkeul
I'm glad you like it. ^^

@Esente
I tried to see if there was anyway I could implement support for this, but I can't find anything that can help me. Doesn't seem like this can happen automatically though I will see a bit more if I can come up with a solution. If you have any ideas on how this could be implemented, please tell. :)
fuglesang

Postby Esente on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:59 pm

From the API, I think you can detect all opening windows from Sublime, so I think you could save that info into Session. Next time Sublime is loaded, there is command to open a new window. We could create tabs from that new window based on the info from the Session, no?
Esente

Postby vim on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:38 pm

not coding much lately... but this is a great plugin!
vim

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements