Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ARM build?

Re: ARM build?

Postby JeffCost on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:05 am

I love SB it's the best editor ever! I am a licensed user since nov. 2012 and I would love to see a ARM build.

+1 ARM build!
JeffCost

Postby outrigger on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:18 pm

+1 On arm build. I"m using Crouton on my Chromebook and love Sublime Text :mrgreen:
outrigger

Postby dr_jkl on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:33 pm

I would like to add my voice to support an arm build.
dr_jkl

Postby locsmif on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:39 pm

niksac wrote:I wrote to the sales team and they say no arm build is planned because the invested time wouldn't pay of. I hop that as soon as more requests come in they might change their mind.

That's closed source vendor lock-in biting you in the ass. Now that you're hooked, you have to beg for platform support. :D

Read this: The Free Software Definition

How many free software libraries were used in the development of Sublime? Switch to free software and compile for ARM any time you want.
locsmif

Postby idxxx23 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:22 am

Switching from x86 to ARM so I need and vote for the ARM version Sublime Text ... until an ARM version ST will not exist, my license will be unused :( ... and I will have to find and use a different editor :(
idxxx23

Postby edomoli on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:48 pm

Another request for an armhf architecture (Raspberry Pi) build here, please... I ask also for all the other Raspberry community fans addicted to Sublime Text!

+1 ARM build!
edomoli

Postby enildeR on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:21 pm

I've been using sublime text on my macbook. I love it. It's become my main app for coding. Having an arm package for ubuntu would be great, as I could then use it on my Chromebook.

+1 arm build
enildeR

Postby UnaClocker on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:22 pm

locsmif wrote:
niksac wrote:I wrote to the sales team and they say no arm build is planned because the invested time wouldn't pay of. I hop that as soon as more requests come in they might change their mind.

That's closed source vendor lock-in biting you in the ass. Now that you're hooked, you have to beg for platform support. :D

Read this: The Free Software Definition

How many free software libraries were used in the development of Sublime? Switch to free software and compile for ARM any time you want.

I tend to agree. There's just about nothing in the open source repositories that won't Just Compile on ARM. The developers claiming it's too much time for too little return is a cop out.
Add my +1 to the request for an ARM port, but I'm not buying your excuse. Grab yourself a $35 Pi, compile a Linux version, and recover your $35 investment with the very first sale. You'll get tons of publicity for doing it, because the Raspberry Pi is a very very hot topic nowadays, and you'll get a ton of very young users who will learn to love your app from a young age and continue to promote it for years to come. It's a no brainer in my book. Just do it.
UnaClocker

Postby spazza on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello,

Just adding another +1 for an ARM build, I am also another already licensed user of sublime text.

- Spencer
spazza

Postby NullVoxPopuli on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:03 pm

I already have a sublime text 2 licence. Been Using sublime text 3 for a while now. I am planning to buy Sublime Text 3, but I need arm7 support for my HP11 chromebook running Ubuntu via Crouton.

thanks!

+1 Arm
NullVoxPopuli

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests