Sublime Forum

Arabic Support

Arabic support in Sublime would make the world a much better place. Currently, developers/users like myself can’t use sublime for any Arabic related projects due to the fact that sublime doesn’t support the Arabic language. I am not talking about an Arabic interface, but rather rendering/displaying the Arabic letters properly, and not disconnected like they are today. Being that Sublime 3 BETA was just release, it would be great to have Arabic support in the actual release. That way people like me won’t have to use Notepad++ ever again.

Here’s an example of the problem. The way Arabic words are rendered today in sublime like the following “H e l l o w o r l d” without spaces, where it should be “hello world”. I have attached a screenshot of the problem so you have a better idea. The tab is displaying arabic words correctly, but the editor is itself is not.

Note: I couldn’t submit the topic with actual letters due to what seems to be an encoding problem. The attached screenshot should make the problem clear though.

0 Likes

RTL - support for right to left languages like Hebrew and Arabic

Your not the only one, i have been barking at this tree for a while. No response yet.

Strange why the title path appears correctly, but the file content itself appears distorted.

0 Likes

It’s really unfortunate that at a time that unicode support is everywhere, such a good software does not have this feature.

0 Likes

hi

I been using sublime for sometime now so please are you going to support Unicode in the near future as we getting used to it but we do really needs Unicode support

please advice us if you wouldn’t be supporting it so we can use something else
there is no doubt that this is a great tool but the short coming in the Unicode is unfortunate

0 Likes

We really could use right-to-left support in Sublime Text 3, on the feature requests board all Arabic & Right-to-left requests have more than 600 votes.

0 Likes

[size=150]Just vote for adding RTL Languages here…[/size]

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/ … s-support/

[size=150]They will add it if the votes reach 600[/size]

Thanks

0 Likes